Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

DefconBrix :: TruckVault + CargoGlide :: Bed Storage Solutions

Old 07-08-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
instagram @defconbrix
DefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Sergeant of Marines
Name: Sean
DefconBrix's Tacoma Gallery
DefconBrix :: TruckVault + CargoGlide :: Bed Storage Solutions

I have had numerous questions about my set-up so I figured I would make a separate thread dedicated to these products and set-up alone.

TruckVault: truckvault.com
I am building my truck to be an all around adventure mobile and storage was very important to me. After looking at all the different brands of drawer units I kept going back to TruckVault because of the security aspect and hand built quality.

I have weapons and camera gear that often reside in these drawers that are worth way too much money so I wanted a drawer that would protect them from theft. If you also have items that are valuable then don't trust them in any other unit. If its just random gear that can easily be replaced then maybe go with a lower quality drawer.

The service provided from the TruckVault staff was incredible from start to finish.

My order: $3,495
_ 2013 Tacoma: Standard Height, 2 drawer, 5' shortbed, All-Weather coating, Grey Carpet, Compression Locks, long and short dividers.

CargoGlide: cargoglide.com
After choosing to go with the TruckVault my next thought was a slide of some sort because drawing into the bed gets old to grab something in the back. CargoGlide has a great reputation for quality so after doing more research and lots of calls they were willing to get me outfitted with a prototype 600XL that is a lower profile (just over 2"). I also had one made for my trailer. I don't know how I ever lived without these.

They were willing to do custom sizes for me also which really was icing on the cake with their amazing customer service.

My order: $1,695
_ Custom size 51x57 Aluminum deck 600XL

_____
Old 07-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
instagram @defconbrix
DefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shedDefconBrix is one of the sharper tools in the shed
This whole set-up does take up a large amount of bed space BUT it is all still usable space. I get the security and storage plus the access to pull any load out instead of reaching or crawling into the bed.

The TruckVault's load capacity is over 2,000 pounds!

Here are some random photos of loads I have carried so far on top of it:

Old 07-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
instagram @defconbrix
When you add weight in your bed you better have a suspension capable of holding it all.

Total weight added is approximately: 410 pounds
TruckVault 215 pounds
CargoGlide 110 pounds
All-Pro PackRack 85 pounds

I also tow a trailer so I have tongue weight to add at times also.

I use the All-Pro Offroad Expedition Series Leaf Pack and not only does this provide my the strength to hold it all up but I get a damn smooth ride quality also! These are made to hold weight constantly and provide approximately 4" of lift if the bed is empty, after approximately 500 pounds is added they drop to a 3" lift and remain there.

If you are building an expo rig I highly recommend these!

Old 07-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #8
Person
theboy is on a distinguished road

theboy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question for you. With all the money and time invested into your rig, many people know about the (not so) strength of our stock Tacoma rear differentials, I personally have gone through 2 through Toyota and the final 3rd one I fixed myself and now no issues with it. Are you going to swap out the diff for something a little more heavy duty?
Old 07-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #9
instagram @defconbrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4C0CH40S View Post
Awesome Sean! I'll be drooling in the mean time
Thanks!! I am very pleased with my set-up! Pretty much a dream come true in reality for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy View Post
I have a question for you. With all the money and time invested into your rig, many people know about the (not so) strength of our stock Tacoma rear differentials, I personally have gone through 2 through Toyota and the final 3rd one I fixed myself and now no issues with it. Are you going to swap out the diff for something a little more heavy duty?
I have the stronger of the two housings going with the Sport model and am putting the ARB air locker and Nitro 4.88 gears in. Stock right now I have had no issues at all offroad and I don't always take it easy. At this time it's not something I am worried about. fingers crossed though lol
Old 07-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #10
Person
theboy is on a distinguished road

theboy's Tacoma Gallery
Never knew the sport was stronger than the off road with elocker. Why is that?
Old 07-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #14
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Amazing!!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:05 PM   #16
PhD, DVM, MPH, MS, MMA, Esq, XYZ, 123, blahblah
DrFunker has a spectacular aura aboutDrFunker has a spectacular aura aboutDrFunker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dr
DrFunker's Tacoma Gallery
^^ this sig is just sweet....
oh yeah and so is the set up in your truck Sean.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:22 PM   #18
instagram @defconbrix
I do also have the CargoGlide 600XL in my trailer that I had powder coated red.

Not sure I would ever own a truck again without a CargoGlide in it. The ease of pulling your cargo out over crawling in and reaching is worth the investment hands down.

when it was first installed with the CVT Mt. Shasta rooftop tent on the trailer:

how it sits now with the new CVT Mt. Adams rooftop tent on top of the trailer and Line-X'd fenders.:
Old 07-09-2014, 02:58 AM   #20
PhD, DVM, MPH, MS, MMA, Esq, XYZ, 123, blahblah
DrFunker has a spectacular aura aboutDrFunker has a spectacular aura aboutDrFunker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dr
DrFunker's Tacoma Gallery
OH NOooooo not the trailer too.
Holy crap that is sweet.