1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best mounting system(s) for bikes and boards

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by mac9687, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Jul 29, 2014 at 11:57 AM
    mac9687

mac9687 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    14 Off-Road
    I moved out to Colorado a couple years ago and just bought my first Tacoma. It's a 14 double cab, short bed off road. I bike a lot in the summer and snowboard all winter. Traditionally I have always had a roof rack on my cars with a single lock system to handle both types of equipment. Now that I have more options with the bed, I was hoping to get some input on the best systems to mount boards and/or bikes.

I would love to find something to utilize the bed for both, but I'm not opposed to keeping the boards on the roof. A big criteria would be a single key to lock all of the mounting equipment. I'm also interested in a bed cover and it would be ideal if the mounting system was compatible with the cover, but I can't picture how that would work so I don't know if it's even a possibility.

I'll be searching but I'm sure many of you have been down the same road, so any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to hit the mountains!

Products Discussed in

To Top