Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Best mounting system(s) for bikes and boards

Old 07-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
mac9687 is on a distinguished road
mac9687's Tacoma Gallery
Best mounting system(s) for bikes and boards

I moved out to Colorado a couple years ago and just bought my first Tacoma. It's a 14 double cab, short bed off road. I bike a lot in the summer and snowboard all winter. Traditionally I have always had a roof rack on my cars with a single lock system to handle both types of equipment. Now that I have more options with the bed, I was hoping to get some input on the best systems to mount boards and/or bikes.

I would love to find something to utilize the bed for both, but I'm not opposed to keeping the boards on the roof. A big criteria would be a single key to lock all of the mounting equipment. I'm also interested in a bed cover and it would be ideal if the mounting system was compatible with the cover, but I can't picture how that would work so I don't know if it's even a possibility.

I'll be searching but I'm sure many of you have been down the same road, so any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to hit the mountains!