Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Passenger window not working after install of Weathertech rain deflectors

Old 08-16-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
AZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AZ2NH's Tacoma Gallery
Passenger window not working after install of Weathertech rain deflectors

Recently purchased a 2014 TRD Off Road Access Cab and decided it was time to add some goodies. Yesterday had an Extang Solid Fold tonneau installed along with Weathertech in channel window deflectors. Today I noticed that the passenger window won't go down, driver side works fine. I've checked fuses and everything looks fine. Any ideas? Has anyone seen a similar problem? Could there be excessive friction with the in channel style?
Old 08-16-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Uninstall and try again?
Old 08-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #3
AZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZ2NH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AZ2NH's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately I can't get the window down so that I can remove it and I don't want to snap the deflector off trying to get the darn thing out. I'll have the guys that installed them take a look on Monday
Old 08-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #4
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
The in channel deflectors will make the window a little tighter, but it shouldn't be too much for the motor to take it down. I have the same style with crank windows.

Definitely let them mess with it since they did the job.

Welcome to TW, come say hi to other NE folks here http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...read-2927.html
Old 08-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes the glass gets stuck to the plastic, maybe try a silicon spray. Maybe have a helper palm the window and pull down when you depress the button.
I have EGR brand and the first year when I'd roll the drivers side window down the deflector would stick and get pulled out of the channel. Had to recover one from the middle of an intersection once. 3 years later, now the channel rubber molding is so flatten the thing rattles when the window is down, but doesn't fall out anymore.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #6
AZ2NH's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies! I tried palming the window while having someone actuate the window down switch and no luck! Very frustrated but will have install folks look at it. Thanks Goober, I like the suggestion of the silicone spray. On the brighter side the Extang Solid Fold tonneau, tailgate lock and LED in bed lights are working just fine! !!
Old 08-17-2014, 07:26 PM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2NH View Post
Recently purchased a 2014 TRD Off Road Access Cab and decided it was time to add some goodies. Yesterday had an Extang Solid Fold tonneau installed along with Weathertech in channel window deflectors. Today I noticed that the passenger window won't go down, driver side works fine. I've checked fuses and everything looks fine. Any ideas? Has anyone seen a similar problem? Could there be excessive friction with the in channel style?
first off.............. do u HEAR the motor even try?

if not, it could be a fuse, relay, or a problem at either switch, master or passenger side.

If so, then the regulator could be binding

I say take the panel off the door if the motor is trying to turn
Old 08-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
stupid question.............is the window LOCKED at the master switch?
Old 08-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #9
AZ2NH's Tacoma Gallery
Big OOPS on my part! Yup the master/disable switch was Down in the locked position!!!!!! Time to eat a big piece of humble pie!!!! Ouch!
Old 08-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #10
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Big OOPS on my part! Yup the master/disable switch was Down in the locked position!!!!!! Time to eat a big piece of humble pie!!!! Ouch!

At least you can admit it
Old 09-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #11
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
On the other hand, the price was right for what the fix was!
Old 11-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #13
taylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud oftaylola2010 has much to be proud of

Name: Lauren
taylola2010's Tacoma Gallery
lol great post!