Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Pennzoil Platinum is da bomb

Old 08-25-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Meat Popsicle
Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Pennzoil Platinum is da bomb

I've supported Mobil One for a long time, but I'm making the switch to the new Pennzoil Platinum and never looking back. There oil is now 100% synthetic right from the base stock, and they write 100% synthetic from natural gas right on the bottle which pins them into the corner of actually having to put synthetic in the bottle unlike some manufactures. I hope other manufacturers follow suit.

This forum explains how awesome this really is for us guys who want to use the best motor oil when we decide to go synthetic:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...g_combined_int

Discuss away, but I'd prefer this not become a brand show down. I just think it's awesome Pennzoil is bringing there premium product into the normal synthetic price range!

BTW Redline, Royal Purple, and Amisol guys I've never seen a good breakdown of how your manufactures are making your oils. Amisol won't even try to show you that the oil they make even matches any recommended specifications other than the weight, so I will never buy those products. I've never been able to find a Redline bottle in Canada.....
Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
It might be da bomb. But this guy used Mobil 1 and did just fine. 350,000 miles

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...000-miles.html

I used to use whatever the "Deal" was at Advanced Autoparts. Now I buy the 6 quarts of Mobil 1 at Costco when they are on sale. Have my own OEM filters and Fumoto Valve for easy oil changes.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I used PP for a couple of years in my 2006 full-synthetic and I never had any issues when using it but switched to M1 cause of home many people said it was the best out there. I think to each there own and I'm sure there isnt a brand out there that "isnt good" for your engines.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #5
Resident Agrologist
Sterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedSterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Meat Popsicle
Sterdog's Tacoma Gallery
At Wally World I usually get more oil for my money with Pennzoil. I just hope they take a bit of market share with there new bottle that flat out states they use 100% natural gas sourced synthetic as there base. Almost all other synthetics are barely a synthetic. If Mobil 1 goes back to there old synthetic formulation I'd be happy.

I've put 12K into my truck so I need it to last as long as possible. I agree 90% of oils out there are great, but they could be even greater I bet.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterdog View Post
I agree 90% of oils out there are great, but they could be even greater I bet.
Yeah exactly but like most other products out there these companies just want to find the cheapest way to produce things.