1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone use a Champion Winch?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Geem750, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Sep 1, 2014 at 10:26 AM
    Geem750

Geem750 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Okanagan, BC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    Grillcraft grill, ultimate toytek 3" lift, shorty antenna, blacked out badges, rear diff breather, Kenwood 6990 HU, wet okoles, weather techs, extra D-rings, Cruisin offroad bolt on sliders, Treklights 18" LED bar
    Now that ive got a winch compatible bumper, im looking for a decent winch. I know warn is the top of the line but a friend of mine pointed out that Costco has a decent winch that is apparently reliable, made by Champion.

Has anyone on this site heard anything about these? and is 8,000lbs big enough for a our trucks with armor added. last i checked i was roughly 5,000lbs unloaded. Ive heard as a rule of thumb you need a winch thats double the weight of your rig unless you use a snatch block.

This thing wont be used very often, if at all. Thats why im looking at a low cost winch. i just want a little insurance off road. Keep in mind,im in Canada, everything costs more!

please school me.

http://www.costco.ca/Champion-3628.7-kg-(8,000-lb.)-Winch-Kit.product.100082976.html

Products Discussed in

To Top