Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Bling Lights BL200C 6" Driving/Offroad Lights

Old 09-14-2014, 12:39 AM   #1
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
SnowroxKT's Tacoma Gallery

So I was given the chance to review these lights, thanks to Automatcentral!

http://www.automatcentral.com/tacoma-trucks.html

First off, being in Alaska shipping took a while, although it was free!

These are what I ended up picking, by the way, ignore the MSRP on here... They are not that expensive.

First thing to note, comes with free hat, packaging was okay, all got here safe. The supplied wiring harness works good, I did end up using a different switch in the cab after I tried it all out.

Here they are bolted up. No wiring yet.

My experience so far with these has been positive. Seems like a good budget halogen light kit. While mocking up the wiring this happened. I was concerned that the hot wire was not covered completely as well so I added some heat shrink.

Fixed!

Then I tested them before I ran a wire thru the firewall

They work!

So, once wiring is done and switch is getting power it should look like this

When on the switch shows a red LED and bam! Lights! Picture taken at about 12 noon.

Headlights only (my passenger headlight is a little dim, not sure why...)

Headlights and Offroad lights

So far I am a very happy customer! They do not compare in build quality to my Rigid Industries Duallys I have waiting to be mounted, but they are almost one fourth the price! I am curious how they will hold up over the Alaskan winter. I will try and update this review sometime during the winter. They do appear brighter than my stock headlights, but I think these have more of a spot or driving beam pattern.

For the price I would rate them 4 out of 5.

*I am currently without my DSLR, so once my friend gets back from her road trip I should be able to get some decent pictures of them at night. Probably mid November-December. All pictures above were taken with my iPhone 5s or my Nikon AW110.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
AK SnowroxKT
SnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowroxKT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Update!
So still working strong and since it is getting darker I can tell how bright these are, they are brighter than the stock brights. I am happy with them for sure!

First snow run to the mountains this year.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #3
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Can you take some pics at night? Preferably with things in the distance?
Old 11-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #5
AK SnowroxKT

Okay so I did take some pictures, but remember I do not have my DSLR back yet, and I have these lights angled down so they are more of a fog light than a traditional spot light. They do provide an ambient light, my camera/location doesn't really show it though.

I will get better pics once I get my camera back, these are just taken with my iPhone 5s

Headlights - Camera ISO 2000

Headlights and Spot Lights - Camera ISO 1600