Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

PIAA 9003 / H4 Headlight Bulbs

Old 09-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #1
greilly14 is on a distinguished road
Name: Gannon
greilly14's Tacoma Gallery
PIAA 9003 / H4 Headlight Bulbs

Bought these Headlights a couple of weeks ago from automatcentral.com and they arrived within 3 days. Packaging was great and nothing was damaged.

I was really getting tired of the light output on my stock bulbs at night time and the yellowish color they give off. Put these bulbs in and man what a difference! The light output at night with these bulbs is 100 times better than the ones I had on before and they give off a cool white color. Definitely impressed with these and would highly recommend these to anyone looking to get some better light output at night time.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:13 AM   #2
Taco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant futureTaco Libre has a brilliant future
Name: JohnnyHildo
Taco Libre's Tacoma Gallery
i can imagine the light output is improved but i also always wonder if switching out to bulbs like these are completely blinding to oncoming traffic?
Old 09-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #3
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
PIAA bulbs are great if they actually last longer then a 1 year. I have had several sets and everytime they last 1-1.5 years max.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Lifetime LEDs are what I am running and they are great!
Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 AM   #5
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Lifetime LEDs are what I am running and they are great!
6 months on mine and no issues yet either.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:55 AM   #6
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
6 months on mine and no issues yet either.
I have had mine for a month but no issues. I feel they are a good upgrade when you are on a budget. If I had the money and time I would have bumped up to retrofits.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
I have had mine for a month but no issues. I feel they are a good upgrade when you are on a budget. If I had the money and time I would have bumped up to retrofits.
I hear ya man. Time and money
Old 09-29-2014, 06:18 AM   #8
greilly14 is on a distinguished road
Name: Gannon
greilly14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Libre View Post
i can imagine the light output is improved but i also always wonder if switching out to bulbs like these are completely blinding to oncoming traffic?

I don't think these particular bulbs are that bright to the point where they blind oncoming traffic.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #10
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Libre View Post
Those bulbs are 55w low beam and 60w high... same as stock. Totally legal.

The biggest issue with blinding oncoming traffic is when the headlight housings are not properly adjusted and throw light directly into peoples eyes (HID retrofit kits w/improper reflectors/lazy people who never adjust them/etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greilly14 View Post
I don't think these particular bulbs are that bright to the point where they blind oncoming traffic.
You're all good.

Check out Narva or Osram next time you buy bulbs http://store.candlepower.com/

My Narva Rangepower 50's last a loooong time...& I H8 Piaa as you can see if you search "PIAA 510's" in product reviews. They get no money from me after that.