Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Lifetime LEDs

Old 10-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
smithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
smithr1730's Tacoma Gallery
Lifetime LEDs

Bought these headlights from someone on here a couple months ago. I was really happy with the outcome of the lights themselves. I decided to go this route because of others reviews and also because there was what I thought to be a lifetime warranty. BE WARNED, unless you purchase the lights from Lifetime LED or one of there certified dealers, the warranty does not transfer. I was very disappointed with Lifetime LED when I ran into a problem a few others have come into. One of the lights started flickering and now is completely out. I contacted Lifetime to speak with them about getting the warranty to cover the issue. This issue has come up on TW a few times and Lifetime has even said they new this was an issue on an email from another member to Lifetime:

"I have been noticing a Flicker with my Lifetime LED headlights so I emailed them. This is their response:

We have recently discovered an issue with the CREE chips that are used in our H4 headlight replacements. We will warranty The H4 replacement but we can not use the current chipset model that we have. The New chipsets will arrive in a couple weeks and we will replace any defective H4 headlights with a new set. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but we want you to have the best quality product. We will keep you informed on when they should be ready to ship."

I have been talking to them trying to get them to rectify the problem, they will not budge stating: "Our warranty states that it only applies to the original purchaser of out products".
I have searched their entire website, including their warranty page and haven't found anything saying that their warranty is not transferable.

I strongly suggest that if you decide that Lifetime LED is how you wanna go for your LED needs, that you buy from them or a certified dealer. I will refuse to give them any more of my business and suggest that anyone looking at LEDs look for a more professional dealer
Old 10-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
So you purchased a second hand set of lights and are mad that the warranty doesn't transfer, how much did you pay? How when did they fail and when were they originally purchased?
Old 10-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #3
smithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsmithr1730 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I paid $100, The lights were used for a week. I wouldn't be mad that the warranty doesn't transfer if I would have known that before I bought them. No where on the Lifetime website does it say the warranty doesn't transfer. One of the main reasons I went for Lifetime was for their warranty. Plus the fact that they know there was a malfunctioning chip in their lights and they are not willing to fix the problem...yes, it makes me mad
Old 10-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like you asked about the warranty transferring on 8-11-14 and Henry gave you some advise:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithr1730 View Post
Does anyone kno about the warranty transferring to other person? I just bought mine from a member on here and was wondering in case something happens to them or if I decide to do the trade in for the newer model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd8bao View Post
Try and get a copy of the original receipt then a receipt for your purchase. You can email lifetime and talk direct to them

Did you contact them at that time or only after the light failed?

I do agree that they probably do need to specifically mention that the warranty doesn't transfer, but I don't know if that exactly makes them unprofessional.
Old 10-15-2014, 04:01 PM   #5

I talked to them about the trade in program. As for the warranty transfer, I just went and read their warranty page on their website and didn't see a problem and never looked into it until now when the one light went bad.