Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Neneago's All In One Remote Key Review

Old 10-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #1
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Neneago's All In One Remote Key Review

Seller's sale thread can be found here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...gq43vt20t.html.

Recently purchased a flip key with a "G" transponder from neneago for my '11 Tacoma and writing a review of my experience. I am not affiliated with the seller nor do I guarantee your interaction will be similar to mine.

Contact and Delivery
Contacted seller via pm requesting a flip key with unlock/lock and a "G" transponder, he got back to me immediately (literally 5 minutes) with paypal information. Seller answered all my questions promptly, payment was sent Wednesday evening, key was delivered via USPS Saturday morning which is impressive since seller is located in CA!

Product
Neneago's All-In-One Flip Key feels like a professional product and the quality of plastic is very similar to that of my Toyota OEM FOB. Not as nice as a high-end key like BMW, but it met my expectations for $50 shipped. In terms of weight, the All-In-One definitely weighs more than the OEM FOB+Key by a gram or two but being less bulk in your pocket and no pointy end is a worthwhile trade-off for me.

The key arrives in two pieces, uncut with battery already in FOB and transponder inside case. It is the buyers responsibility to get the key cut as well as pair the FOB and transponder with the vehicle. Here's what I did:

Step #1 - Cut Key
Went to Lowe's hardware desk with master key and all-in-one. The cutter wasn't sure what to charge me since I brought in my own key, so it was FREE!!

Step #2 - Pair FOB to vehicle (DIY)
Programmed the FOB using the instructions found here: http://www.icwhen.com/tacomanut/fob.html

At this point, I now assembled the key and fob into one piece.

Step #3 - Pair transponder to vehicle (DIY)
Using my Mini VCI Cable and Techstream, I accessed my Tacoma's Immobiliser System, authenticated with the master key and paired the new transponder using the Key Registration Utility.

There are alternatives to Steps 1-3 (like hiring a professional), simply telling you how I did all three steps for nothing extra out of pocket.

Overall Impression
I was pretty happy with the seller and his product. The flip key will be my daily key and I'll be updating my review after 6 months with more impressions.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
DK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDK2006Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: N
DK2006Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Nice write up!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:09 PM   #3
neneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shedneneago is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
neneago's Tacoma Gallery
Like I said before. Not a big fan of the flip key. Get some VW owners at my shop with horrible looking keys. :-)

Thanks for the review!!
Old 10-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #4
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neneago View Post
Like I said before. Not a big fan of the flip key. Get some VW owners at my shop with horrible looking keys. :-)

Thanks for the review!!
Thanks for an excellent product! Different tastes for different people, but I do like the flip.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:18 AM   #5
Thieu is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
Thieu's Tacoma Gallery
Same experience as mine, expect I used a chip out of my old (bent) key.

Works great.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:25 PM   #6
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
anyone know how to get the two parts separated after they have been clicked together? i need to get into my key to place the transponder. thanks.

edit: answer is 1/8" flathead in there, pri open a bit, and pull on the key end. bam.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
Gotta Taco!
wanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedwanna taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MCB-11, ACB-1   '59-'63
Name: alan
wanna taco's Tacoma Gallery
OK, I got an update on this one. I have a 2015 TRD Sport, and wanted an all-in-one key. I contacted neneago (which turned out to be complicated because his phone just broke and I don't text anyway), he has a full time job and isn't available but for two days a week, but we did get together. I wanted to do the deal in person, so I met him at his shop, which is his garage. He is friendly, knowledgeable about keys and chips and stuff, and had my all-in-one key/remote cut, programmed, and confirmed for my Taco in good time.

I then hit him with a key and remote for my wife's Honda Element. No problemo, he whipped that out in record time also. I was concerned about programming the Honda at home, so he walked me through it several times from memory, which is impressive because he does remotes for all makes of cars! Anyway, I got home and did the programming, but did have to eyeball his video several more times to get it right.

I gotta say, from all the barriers he puts up to maintain his privacy, I was feeling like it wasn't going to turn out, but all is well, got my keys and they work like a charm!