Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Sad day dealing with AMAZON -- SWINDLED by AMAZON

Old 03-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
Peru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud of

Peru's Tacoma Gallery
Sad day dealing with AMAZON -- SWINDLED by AMAZON

Here is a copy of a post I posted on another forum. Didnt know where to post it. Its sort of a product review

Well I feel I need to let everyone know what recently happened to me when I ordered some automotive parts from Amazon.

Every now and then there is a post asking if Amazon is a safe bet to order watches and get the real deal. Read the following and you decide.

I order some front bearings for a truck that badly needed replacement. Being in the industry I know SKF bearings are top shelf so I order the bearings. It clearly states SKF bearings on the product page.

http://www.amazon.com/SKF-W0133-1778...aring+assembly

The bearings arrive down in MX as expected. This particular order was fulfilled by AMAZON. The boxes clearly state SKF bearings and have the SKF logo printed on the box. I open them up and they were not SKF. They were NSK. They happened to be the correct bearings for my truck but not what I ordered. I make a comment on AMAZOn and it gets deleted with no response. Since the truck was already in the shop on the lift with old bearing pressed out I dont have an option but to use the bearings. NSK is a good quality bearing but again, they were not SKF and they were boxed and sold as SKF. On the second order that I had already placed the sent the incorrect parts but were not mislabeled they just did not fit my truck so they were sent back.

Ill bring it up again with AMAZON to see how they respond but thats it for me. Ill pay more to get what I order. At this point I have zero confidence in AMAZON
Old 03-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #2
Peru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud ofPeru has much to be proud of

Peru's Tacoma Gallery
Here is their response. Ive tried to post a review that was just a simple "I got the wrong bearings boxed in SKF boxes" and they wont let me post it

Quote:

Dear jonathan ,

Thanks for submitting a customer review on Amazon. Your review could not be posted to the website in its current form. While we appreciate your time and comments, reviews must adhere to the following guidelines:
http://www.amazon.com/review-guidelines
We encourage you to revise your review and submit it again. A few common issues to keep in mind:

SKF Wheel Bearing Assy.

• Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment experience should be provided at www.amazon.com/feedback.
  • We do not allow profane or obscene content. This applies to adult products too.
  • Advertisements, promotional material or repeated posts that make the same point excessively are considered spam.
  • Please do not include URLs external to Amazon or personally identifiable content in your review.
We welcome your honest opinion about products - positive or negative. We do not remove reviews because they are critical. We believe all helpful information can inform our customers’ buying decisions. If you have questions about the product or opinions that do not fit the review format, please feel free to use the Customer Discussions feature on the product page.

Switch and bait, March 3, 2015
By jonathan
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: SKF Wheel Bearing Assy. (Automotive)
Purchased this product and was sold as SKF.What I received was not an SKF bearing but it was boxed in SKF boxes. Unethical!

Find more products to review at:

Please note that this message was sent to the following e-mail addres
Old 03-03-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Question, Did the box have SKF on the outside?(not the box amazon shipped it in but the box inside it..)

My reasoning behind said question. Items fullfilled by amazon are received from a company, if the company mislabels something, Amazon may not know. I have heard of this kind of issue before.
Old 03-03-2015, 01:15 PM   #5
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
It seems SKF and NSK are close together since SKF bought 75% of NSK.

I would guess this is an SKF putting a NSK bearing in their own box and sending it to amazon making them think it is SKF. I highly doubt that Amazon opens every single box of inventory they receive to make sure it is what it is. I think that is a weak point in Amazon's fullfillment idea. If I am correct on that. I see opening everything coming in would be extremely time consuming and a waste of time for amazon.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:05 PM   #6
velillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shedvelillen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Nick
velillen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
I think that is a weak point in Amazon's fullfillment idea. If I am correct on that. I see opening everything coming in would be extremely time consuming and a waste of time for amazon.

Amazon goes based on customers for the fulfillment items. They basically just accept them as the item untill customers report otherwise. Ive noticed quite a few items over the years with statements along the lines of "customers report item not as advertised. Amazon is investigating"
Old 03-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #7
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
You didn't get swindled. The company you bought the bearings from probably bought the company that the label is on the bearing. Instead of spending money on changing out machines or eliminating old stock, the just boxed the bearing in their branded box. You should really watch the movie Tommy Boy, it will explain everything.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:22 PM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I'm an Amazon Prime member and have been for many many years and we order A LOT of stuff from them. In fact.....not one week goes by that there's not a package at our doorstep.

Surely, Amazon can make mistakes.....however.... the vendors can also make mistakes with packing. Amazon has an awesome return policy - and yes, I have used it. When something isn't right, I return it. And I make sure I get exactly what I ordered. Customer service has always been great!!
Old 03-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #9

Peru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlazer View Post
It seems SKF and NSK are close together since SKF bought 75% of NSK.

I would guess this is an SKF putting a NSK bearing in their own box and sending it to amazon making them think it is SKF. I highly doubt that Amazon opens every single box of inventory they receive to make sure it is what it is. I think that is a weak point in Amazon's fullfillment idea. If I am correct on that. I see opening everything coming in would be extremely time consuming and a waste of time for amazon.

The individual boxes were labeled SKF manufactured in Netherlands and I forget the other box had labeled manufactured in some other country. The bearings were made in Japan which was clearly laser etched on the bearing.. I addressed the issue with SKF and they said that they dont sell on the internet which means that Amazon is getting them through a 3rd party. Kindof shady if you ask me.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #10

Peru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I'm an Amazon Prime member and have been for many many years and we order A LOT of stuff from them. In fact.....not one week goes by that there's not a package at our doorstep.

Surely, Amazon can make mistakes.....however.... the vendors can also make mistakes with packing. Amazon has an awesome return policy - and yes, I have used it. When something isn't right, I return it. And I make sure I get exactly what I ordered. Customer service has always been great!!

I am a prime member and I too purchase quite a bit from them. I asked for clarification. Zero response so far. Not what I expected from them.

NSK makes a damn good bearing so I am not out on that end. It was made in Japan so its probably just as good as an SKF. What I dont like is ordering something and paying a premium for it and getting something else and then getting no response from them. Ill be purchasing from a walk-in store from now on or a dedicated online automotive dealer.I posted this on another site and there was one comment that this person has had several problems ordering parts for his automobiles. Amazon is good for consumer goods but for automotive or industrial products Ill take my business elsewhere.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #11
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
How is it shady to for a company to buy products for resale from someone other than the manufacturer of said product?
Old 03-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #12
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeRunner View Post
How is it shady to for a company to buy products for resale from someone other than the manufacturer of said product?
This.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #13
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I don't want to rag on you, but it sounds like the problem is that you ordered a mislabeled item and were forced to use what you'd received because you had the truck apart and are butthurt that Amazon didn't verify the manufacturer of your bearings before listing the item and shipping it out, which happens in retail, particularly on the scale of Amazon.

They took down your review because it didn't meet their acceptable standards (which is normal, also).

What, besides the misinformation, is the issue? And why does it warrant silly statements about how Amazon is shady because they purchased your bearings (possibly) from a third party source?

Kinda hard for me to support your issue, when the end result was "Didn't get what I ordered, used it anyway, now I'm angry."
Old 03-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #14
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I have prime, I order so much stuff off of amazon it may be considered ridiculous to some. However, I've yet to have any issues with them.

The problem you had is you ordered parts and took the old ones off before inspecting the new parts you ordered. Regardless of the timing its always a good habit to inspect a new part before you remove the old one. More so if your old part cannot be re-installed.

If you wouldn't of installed them, Amazon would of returned them for you and paid for shipping since they were incorrect. I've returned plenty of things due to wrong color, wrong item, whatever the reason, and they always just say ok and take it back.

I also agree with them removing your review as its very vague. If you are going to say publicly that a shop is ripping you off, you better put lots of facts to back up your statement.

Sorry you feel you got ripped off, but you could of handled this differently and be in a better situation.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #15
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
Sucks... but drop "Unethical!" from your review and it should get posted. I do a ton of shopping on Amazon and when I get a product that does not meet my expectations, they always take it back. Never had a problem.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:51 PM   #16

Peru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeRunner View Post
If I buy a seiko from amazon and get an orient in a seiko box then that is shady. Seiko owns orient and amazon IMO has a responsibility to require that their sellers follow guidelines that make it clear to the consumers of what they are getting. If you walk into a store with a flyer in hand that said nike shoes 50% off and then got there and it was Sears branded shoes and not actually nike then you would say i wasted my time. If you are ok with sears branded shoes then all is good but if you specifically wanted nike then you are SOL.

Keep in mind I post for your consumption. I have made my decision of how I will proceed. You need to do the same, you dont have to agree with me.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:54 PM   #17

Peru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I have prime, I order so much stuff off of amazon it may be considered ridiculous to some. However, I've yet to have any issues with them.

The problem you had is you ordered parts and took the old ones off before inspecting the new parts you ordered. Regardless of the timing its always a good habit to inspect a new part before you remove the old one. More so if your old part cannot be re-installed.

If you wouldn't of installed them, Amazon would of returned them for you and paid for shipping since they were incorrect. I've returned plenty of things due to wrong color, wrong item, whatever the reason, and they always just say ok and take it back.

I also agree with them removing your review as its very vague. If you are going to say publicly that a shop is ripping you off, you better put lots of facts to back up your statement.

Sorry you feel you got ripped off, but you could of handled this differently and be in a better situation.

Not when the truck is in the backwoods of Oaxaca Mexico. Kindof doesnt work that way. At that point I could have sent them back and ordered some from the dealer and paid a whole bunch more. Live and learn.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #18
Just passin' through..

That's not at all what I asked.

If Seiko won't sell to Amazon, and Amazon goes to Bob's Watches to buy Seiko products to resell on their website, you think that is a shady practice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peru
I addressed the issue with SKF and they said that they dont sell on the internet which means that Amazon is getting them through a 3rd party. Kindof shady if you ask me.
FWIW, a manufacturer not selling on the internet isn't that uncommon. All that means is they don't have an in-house sales department where they process and handle orders, box, and ship them out to customers, instead their stuff goes to distributors or direct to retail customers to be sold, which isn't exactly uncommon.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #19
It wasn't a rock...
Rock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shedRock Lobster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
Rock Lobster's Tacoma Gallery
1st world problems.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:54 PM   #20

Peru's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommiet View Post
Sucks... but drop "Unethical!" from your review and it should get posted. I do a ton of shopping on Amazon and when I get a product that does not meet my expectations, they always take it back. Never had a problem.

I agree, On that point they are solid. They will make it good. Basically they are just a warehouse/shipper/order taker. With all the counterfeit products out there it makes you wonder who is supplying them with the bearings. SKF or some Chinese outfit. Ill go elsewhere for auto related stuff and when I want books and music ill go amazon