Notices

DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install

Old 12-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #63
Phrendo is on a distinguished road
Phrendo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouyin2000 View Post
Bump.

Anyone have any experience with shipping to Canada? I can't find any information on their website about it.
Just shoot an email to Jim, Im sure he can work it out.

By the way, I have had my lock in place with a fold-ca-cover G4 for 6 months now without issue. It's a great product.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:09 AM   #64
Wrekreation is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Wrekreation's Tacoma Gallery
Still Going Strong

I've had my Dynolock since 2009 with a Truck Covers USA - American Roll Cover and it has been great. I'd do it again.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #65
TonyJ is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Name: Tony
TonyJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekreation View Post
I've had my Dynolock since 2009 with a Truck Covers USA - American Roll Cover and it has been great. I'd do it again.
Totally agree, while the wiring is a bit tough to identify it is well worth the hassle. Add a solid tonneau cover and your stuff is secure back there!
Old 01-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #66
Wally00 is on a distinguished road
Wally00's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadzilla88 View Post
Wrekreation - Thanks for the description it was very helpful

SLQ - Thanks for the photos - a picture is worth a thousand words

Both of you made the install easier
Absolutely!

The product instructions called for the wires to be connected to the blue/pink and blue/white wires. My truck has no blue/white wire ARGH! But after following the instructions you guys supplied, I was able to get the dynolock working.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #67
Erich
Surferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Erich
Surferdude's Tacoma Gallery
Lousy instructions! Finally got it working.

Do NOT use the Blue/PINK, use the blue/RED! Because if you do, you'll get the long beeeep like the door is open and the lock won't do a thing.

There is a thin blue/pink wire and there's also a thicker blue/red wire which is the one to be used.

It's VERY tough to see the wires, as they're pulled tight and there's a bunch of em. The photos from an earlier post are spot on and show the correct wires. Again, don't use the really thin blue/pink.

I'm sure there are others out there wondering if they are able to do this. It's really fairly simple, especially thanks to previous posters in this thread. Below are a few more photos that might be helpful to others.

Here's what your tailgate looks like with the cover off, weird. Now I know why it feels so light.
DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install-img_0570.jpg

I ran my wires through the hole in gate used by the camera wires. I drilled a hole through the plastic cover
DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install-img_0576.jpg

Like others, I had to shave the plastic block. This allowed the unit to rotate a bit more and then the bolt would align better to prevent the handle from opening.
DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install-img_0578.jpg

Using a portable battery jumper, you can test the action of the "lock". Simply reverse the connections to open or close.
DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install-img_0580.jpg

There's a hole in the middle of the bed, wires fit through there nicely.
DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install-img_0585.jpg

This is probably the coolest mod I've made to my truck. Even though I have a soft Tonneau, now I won't worry when I leave stuff in there for a few minutes or hours.
Old 02-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #68
ShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud ofShawnR has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
Name: Shawn
ShawnR's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the Dynolock and am planning on putting it in.
For the Access Cab, someone stated the wires are on the passenger side in front of the door. Can anyone tell me what color these are, and exactly WHERE they are?
I also don't quite understand the trimming on the actuator. What does it hit, and what part do you trim?
Thanks
Old 02-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #69
Erich
Surferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Erich
Surferdude's Tacoma Gallery
Pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnR View Post
For the Access Cab, someone stated the wires are on the passenger side in front of the door. Can anyone tell me what color these are, and exactly WHERE they are?
I also don't quite understand the trimming on the actuator. What does it hit, and what part do you trim?
Thanks
You have to trim the block so that it doesn't interfere with the handle mechanisms. I didn't do this at first and then discovered my handle wasn't working properly, so the tailgate didn't shut.

Here's the pic showing where I trimmed. Not much needs to be trimmed.

DynoLock Electric Tail Gate Lock Install-tailgatelock.jpg

Actually, this was the first bit of trimming I had to do. There was more trimming on the other side I had to do for the handle mechanism.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #70
jflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjflan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jflan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnR View Post
Thanks
I believe that you access power under the driver's door sill cover. Several good pics in this thread of this area uncovered and showing which existing wires to tap into.

The only reference to "passenger" is that you want the tailgate to only open with a double-tap on the key fob. It should also open with the driver's door unlock button on the inside of the door.

As you know, one tap on the key fob only opens the driver's door by design to minimize wear on the other locks. You want your tailgate lock on the second circuit (double-tap) with the passenger door, for instance.
Again, you access the existing wiring under the driver's side door sill.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #71
Beaver is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Beaver's Tacoma Gallery
This is exactly what I want. One question though. Will I get the long Beeeeeep if my tailgate is open and I lock my doors? I'm thinking not because I haven't seen any feedback to the truck telling it that the tailgate is open. I ask because during the winter I'll be driving around with a sled deck in the back of my truck and the tailgate open like this...

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #72
Texio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to beholdTexio is a splendid one to behold

Texio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
This is exactly what I want. One question though. Will I get the long Beeeeeep if my tailgate is open and I lock my doors? I'm thinking not because I haven't seen any feedback to the truck telling it that the tailgate is open. I ask because during the winter I'll be driving around with a sled deck in the back of my truck and the tailgate open like this...

Thanks.
I have just installed mine, and you are correct: you won't get the long beep if you lock the truck with the tailgate open, since there are no sensors to tell the truck the tailgate is open (unlike for the doors). I frequently use it with the tailgate down and a bed extender, and have no problems. Happy sledding!
Old 02-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #73
cmoschip is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
cmoschip's Tacoma Gallery
Off topic but related.

I just bought a used Leer cap with keyless entry. It has a standard solenoid on the lock with two wires to connect. I'm sure just like these tailgate locks, it locks, then unlocks when the polarity is reversed. Can I use the same wiring as the Dynolock does? Am I correct in assuming that the two wires that are described at the beginning of this thread send a one set of polarity when locking and then reverse themselves? So I can use them without adding a complicated setup with multiple relays?

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #74
racepet is on a distinguished road
racepet's Tacoma Gallery
I installed Dynolock on new truck around new years and just noticed I cannot open the left side passenger door from the inside (like a child lock). Havent been to dealer yet. Do you guys think this is related to the Dynolock install?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #75
Whiplash777 is on a distinguished road
Whiplash777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoschip View Post
Off topic but related.

I just bought a used Leer cap with keyless entry. It has a standard solenoid on the lock with two wires to connect. I'm sure just like these tailgate locks, it locks, then unlocks when the polarity is reversed. Can I use the same wiring as the Dynolock does? Am I correct in assuming that the two wires that are described at the beginning of this thread send a one set of polarity when locking and then reverse themselves? So I can use them without adding a complicated setup with multiple relays?

Thanks!
Good morning CMOS,

I would test it first with a quick connect directly to a 12V battery (just to be sure it's still functional), but in theory, and as long as it truly is a standard power lock solenoid, you should should have no issue tieing it in to the existing wiring for your dyno-lock.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #76
Whiplash777 is on a distinguished road
Whiplash777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepet View Post
I installed Dynolock on new truck around new years and just noticed I cannot open the left side passenger door from the inside (like a child lock). Havent been to dealer yet. Do you guys think this is related to the Dynolock install?
If the door opens from the outside, then the power door lock is not engaged, so it would be unrelated to the dyno lock install. Have you checked the child lock switch on that door (the rear doors do have child locks on the Tacoma)? If the child lock is not engaged, a trip to the dealer/shop may be in order.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #77
hellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellrazor004 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
hellrazor004's Tacoma Gallery
X2
Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 AM   #78
rob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob_s is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rob_s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoschip View Post
Off topic but related.

Thanks!
This is inline with what I want to do. Ideally to me it would all be controlled separately with a Viper or other remote-start alarm so that I could unlock the tailgate and topper without necessarily unlocking the rest of the truck, and vice-versa.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:31 AM   #79
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my lock for about two years and have had to open everything up several times to adjust the actuator as it was not engaging and not locking properly. Any suggestions. Is this why some shave the nylon block? Can someone post pictures of where to shave the nylon? Actuator works fine just does not engage lock. Thanks in advance, any advice appreciated.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #80
Wrekreation is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Wrekreation's Tacoma Gallery
Trimming nylong

Entry #67 has the pictures of the nylon block being trimmed.