1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Review: Automat Central-Versa Gate

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by headhunter247, May 13, 2009.

1. May 13, 2009 at 6:06 PM
    headhunter247

headhunter247 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Louis, MO area
    Vehicle:
    18 Taco Double Cab TRD
    5100's all around, OME 888 and Dakars. ProComp Series 05. Cooper SST Maxx 275s.
    Automat Central

Versa-Gate

http://www.automatcentral.com/tacoma-versagate.html

I have had this for a little over a year, and coming back to edit my write up. This thing is officially broken in several places after using it a hand full of times. I would not recommend anyone buying this gate. I dont have any pics of the damage, but I can assure you this was a waste of my money.

[​IMG]

The latches above the clamp is broken.
    [​IMG]

The cable that holds it on is broken on one side. I dont have pics of the broken one.

[​IMG]

2. May 14, 2009 at 5:19 AM
    headhunter247

Member:
    St. Louis, MO area
    Vehicle:
    18 Taco Double Cab TRD
    So my first write up, and no one has anything to say? Come on fellas?

3. Aug 30, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    silver surfer

silver surfer New Member

Member:
    Mobile
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    Good write up and photos.

I'm considering adding one to my shortbed to use as an "extended frame" under a closed snugtop door to increase legroom for sleeping. I would cover it with a tarp or something, but am thinking it would provide a barrier from anybody/thing from coming in to visit.

Do you think it would be a bunch of trouble to take off and set up every day?

4. Sep 1, 2009 at 5:44 AM
    headhunter247

Member:
    St. Louis, MO area
    Vehicle:
    18 Taco Double Cab TRD
    No, I wouldnt think so. Once you get the cables set in place/adjusted, all it is from there is to put it in place. I would think that would work great for what your wanting.

5. Sep 1, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    Scooter

Scooter Canadian Member

Member:
    Manitoba, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab TRD Sport Short Box
    Pop n Lock Power Tailgate Lock, Bak Flip Tonneau Cover, Factory DLR installed, Defrost with A/C Off, EZ Down Tailgate Damper, Code Alarm Security System with Remote Starter, Rear Spring TSB, Ming rust proofing & paint treatment, 3M fabric protector, Cargo Mat, Scanguage II, DYI Illuminated 4X4 Switch, Versa-Gate box extender & cargo divider, Toyota Roof Rails, Grom USB Audio adapter with bluetooth, LED Bed lights, OEM Backup Camera with LCD Display Mirror
    This looks like a great product for the price. I am actually looking more for a bed divider. Being able to use it as a bed extender is a bonus.

I have a Bak Flip G2 tonneau cover. It has side rails that covers up the original bed rails so, this friction fit would do well.

Does it fit just under the original bed rails? My tonneau cover rails sit on the bed rails and extends down about 3/4 inch. Will this bed divider clear the tonneau cover rails?

6. Sep 1, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    silver surfer

silver surfer New Member

Member:
    Mobile
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    IBT24,

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. Lookin' hard at one now.

Scooter,

According to the add I saw on EBay, the medium is shown to be the one that fits the Taco and is said to be 16 inches tall. IBT24 may be able to verify appropriate size (small, medium, large etc) and actual dimensions.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Jan 13, 2010 at 7:37 PM
    Taco161

Taco161 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2023 Sport
    My Versagate was delivered on Monday 1/11 - I opened the package and one of the locking levers were broken - all it took was one email with my phone number to automatcentral explaining the problem and Tuesday morning I got a phone call from their customer service saying that a new lever would be sent out that day. Today, Thursday 1/13 I received the new locking lever in the mail.

Not only is Automatcentral offering the Versagate ,which by the way is an awesome product, at a great price their customer service is excellent also.

Joe

8. Aug 6, 2010 at 6:23 AM
    headhunter247

Member:
    St. Louis, MO area
    Vehicle:
    18 Taco Double Cab TRD
  9. Aug 6, 2010 at 1:46 PM
    CRfofiddyF

CRfofiddyF Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD DC 75Kmi
    I think you should have tried to contact them first and then update your review. Stating that it broke and how it got resolved, if it was, would've been a better decision. I personally had a great experience w/ Automat and the communication was great.

10. Aug 6, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
    I was just reading your review the other week, but held off on getting this since I just jumped into the current Weathertech group buy. Seemed like a nice product though...hope they get it taken care of for you.

11. Aug 10, 2010 at 2:14 PM
    automatcentral

automatcentral Well-Known Member

Member:
    I only have only a few dozen of this item left in stock. For those interested, please contact me as soon as feasible. This great-value item, which has been very popular on this forum, will certainly be sold out before this fall!

AutoMatCentral

Products Discussed in

To Top