Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review: Automat Central-Versa Gate

Old 05-13-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Review: Automat Central-Versa Gate

Automat Central

Versa-Gate

http://www.automatcentral.com/tacoma-versagate.html

I have had this for a little over a year, and coming back to edit my write up. This thing is officially broken in several places after using it a hand full of times. I would not recommend anyone buying this gate. I dont have any pics of the damage, but I can assure you this was a waste of my money.

The latches above the clamp is broken.

The cable that holds it on is broken on one side. I dont have pics of the broken one.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So my first write up, and no one has anything to say? Come on fellas?
Old 08-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
silver surfer is on a distinguished road
silver surfer's Tacoma Gallery
Better Late than Never....

Good write up and photos.

I'm considering adding one to my shortbed to use as an "extended frame" under a closed snugtop door to increase legroom for sleeping. I would cover it with a tarp or something, but am thinking it would provide a barrier from anybody/thing from coming in to visit.

Do you think it would be a bunch of trouble to take off and set up every day?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver surfer View Post
Good write up and photos.

I'm considering adding one to my shortbed to use as an "extended frame" under a closed snugtop door to increase legroom for sleeping. I would cover it with a tarp or something, but am thinking it would provide a barrier from anybody/thing from coming in to visit.

Do you think it would be a bunch of trouble to take off and set up every day?
No, I wouldnt think so. Once you get the cables set in place/adjusted, all it is from there is to put it in place. I would think that would work great for what your wanting.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
This looks like a great product for the price. I am actually looking more for a bed divider. Being able to use it as a bed extender is a bonus.

I have a Bak Flip G2 tonneau cover. It has side rails that covers up the original bed rails so, this friction fit would do well.

Does it fit just under the original bed rails? My tonneau cover rails sit on the bed rails and extends down about 3/4 inch. Will this bed divider clear the tonneau cover rails?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
silver surfer is on a distinguished road
silver surfer's Tacoma Gallery
IBT24,

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. Lookin' hard at one now.

Scooter,

According to the add I saw on EBay, the medium is shown to be the one that fits the Taco and is said to be 16 inches tall. IBT24 may be able to verify appropriate size (small, medium, large etc) and actual dimensions.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #7
Taco161 is a jewel in the roughTaco161 is a jewel in the roughTaco161 is a jewel in the roughTaco161 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Joe
Taco161's Tacoma Gallery
My Versagate was delivered on Monday 1/11 - I opened the package and one of the locking levers were broken - all it took was one email with my phone number to automatcentral explaining the problem and Tuesday morning I got a phone call from their customer service saying that a new lever would be sent out that day. Today, Thursday 1/13 I received the new locking lever in the mail.

Not only is Automatcentral offering the Versagate ,which by the way is an awesome product, at a great price their customer service is excellent also.

Joe
Old 08-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #9
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
I think you should have tried to contact them first and then update your review. Stating that it broke and how it got resolved, if it was, would've been a better decision. I personally had a great experience w/ Automat and the communication was great.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:50 PM   #10
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
I was just reading your review the other week, but held off on getting this since I just jumped into the current Weathertech group buy. Seemed like a nice product though...hope they get it taken care of for you.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
automatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shedautomatcentral is one of the sharper tools in the shed

automatcentral's Tacoma Gallery
I only have only a few dozen of this item left in stock. For those interested, please contact me as soon as feasible. This great-value item, which has been very popular on this forum, will certainly be sold out before this fall!

AutoMatCentral