Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

factory silver steps or n-fab steps

Old 05-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
sebiotacoma is on a distinguished road
sebiotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
factory silver steps or n-fab steps

Need help. Have factory silver steps paid about $350. They look great but are not functional seem to be too hi and to far in when you step into the truck. Would like to buy the n-fab step bars because the look like they are more functional but I don't to make a mistake and spend another $350 - $500 on steps if I'm going to have the same problem. I have a 2009 silver tacoma with the TRD package
Old 05-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
From what I have heard others say the N-Fabs are awesome. (meaning you can actually use them)
Old 05-25-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
N-Fabs are slick looking. That's my vote.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:46 AM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I have the stock ones, have worked great for me so far
Old 05-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Thanks for the quick input. Everything I read points to buying the n-fab steps. question ss / 2'' / 3'' or black steps
Old 05-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
My gut reaction is black but that's because I'm not a chrome fan. But what's your theme on your truck?
Old 05-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebiotacoma View Post
Thanks for the quick input. Everything I read points to buying the n-fab steps. question ss / 2'' / 3'' or black steps
I think I would go with the 2" Black.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
I ordered the 2'' SS n-fab steps because of maint. I read about guys getting paint chips on there steps and paint fading.Thanks alot and I hope I made the right choice this time. . I have front skid plate that I do not like the color,bed mat.wet okole seat covers, mag flow tip, silver steps and the truck is silver with the TRD. Also I can't stop buying things for this truck. want a grill guard or bumper replacement trying to find the right one
Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
al704 is on a distinguished road
al704's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
seem to be too hi and to far in when you step into the truck

had the same problem, made 2" spacers to lower the step tubes, much better now
Old 05-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #10
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by al704 View Post

had the same problem, made 2" spacers to lower the step tubes, much better now

That's a GREAT idea! I have the factory silver tube steps and agree with the OP that they are unusable. Worse yet, they are hard to extend a leg OVER without touching them. If your bars are covered in mud, your pants are covered with the same mud after you get out.

I think these look better than the N-Fabs but, again, they are unusable when stock.

Once I lift, I will definitely use a spacer to make them more functional.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #11
Kratos3 is on a distinguished road
Kratos3's Tacoma Gallery
Link?