1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Style Steps

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by JCS, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Jun 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM
    JCS

JCS [OP] Member

Member:
    Buffalo, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Sport
    I've been researching nerf bars/step tubes/running boards ever since I decided I was getting a Tacoma and I settled on these "Style Steps."

I was impressed with the packaging these shipped in, lots of foam to keep them safe and scratch-free. I ordered the ones with the chrome insert and I think they look pretty cool. I also considered the n-fab and rhinos as well as some of the oem stuff from the dealership but I really liked these for the look I'm going for. They seem very sturdy from handling them out of the box and standing on them after installation.

Installation:

Fairly easy. Took me about 2 hours total but I probably could have done it in much less time if I wasn't triple-checking everything I was doing (Kept thinking it should be more difficult but it wasn't). The first step was to remove the black plastic screws from of the bottom of the painted rocker panel on three spots on each side of the taco. These came out easily with a flathead screwdriver.

Then I had to loosely bolt on the mounting brackets in three spots per side. The front mounting brackets are slightly different from the center and rear which use the same part.

The steps have sliding bolts that you position to fit into the mounting brackets, this allows you to slide the step forward or backward and angle it up or down to where you want it to sit on the truck.

Once I positioned the steps were on where I wanted them, all I had to do was tighten all of the bolts with a torque wrench.

Pictures:

[​IMG]
    Notice the date of manufacture, they must custom make these as they are ordered.

[​IMG]
    Still in the packaging

[​IMG]
    Close up shot

[​IMG]
    Another Close Up

[​IMG]
    Side Shot

[​IMG]
    From the front

[​IMG]
    The family dogs seeking shelter from the sun under the Tacoma right after I got the steps on!

2. Jul 21, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Excellent write-up and great pictures. Great job. They really look great on the truck and seem to be very functional. Thanks for posting. If I didn't have to order them, I'd buy them for the store in a second

3. Jul 21, 2009 at 1:58 PM
    phynyx38

phynyx38 Believe

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma PreRunner
    Steps look great, good job!

4. Jul 22, 2009 at 6:42 PM
    PhatTaco

PhatTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5
    Backup camera, wheel locks, locking gas cap, tailgate anti-theft device (hose clamp).
    SSteps look great. I've been looking for some and appreciate your writing up the installation. Pictures look great, good looking guard dogs too.

5. Jul 22, 2010 at 12:24 AM
    Arjay70

Arjay70 Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '06 Tacoma access cab with custom rack
    aluminum rack with many features, tool box in bed
    How are they holding up? Materials are?
    Do they have shorter ones? I'd just like them for the main door of my extended cab '06 taco

Products Discussed in

To Top