Notices

Tonneau for 09

Old 07-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
Toomacho is on a distinguished road
Name: Mark
Toomacho's Tacoma Gallery
Tonneau for 09

Hello all,
I searched for info on tonneaus for my 09 Tacoma and found lot's of info! (Almost too much.) So let me throw this back out:
I have a 09 Tacoma with the 6' bed. I would like to purchase a Tonneau cover soon for it.
I am leaning toward the roll up or fold up type. I still want access to the bed rail cleats and absolutley do not want any drilling! I am going to visit a few dealers today.
So, any way to narrow this down to the top 2 or 3? As far as cost around $600 give or take would be fine.
Again, sorry if this drags up old threads, but inquiring minds need to know!
Thanks!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #2
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Extang Trifecta.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
a guy here has the fold a cover g4 elite its kinda nice....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...-g4-elite.html
Old 07-27-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
undercover

Thanks for the info!
Got a quote today of 699.00 including installation for an Undercover 4060
I wasn't really considering a hard type but this one looked pretty cool.
This was from Leer Truck Accessory Center. Lams down the street had the same cover for 900. (in Gainesville GA)
All other suggestions and opinions are welcome!
Old 07-28-2009, 07:21 PM   #6
I don't want a large farva!
chiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nicechiefridr is just really nice

chiefridr's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Access roll up soft tonneau, and I love it. No drilling. DIY installation was a piece of cake. Took like 20-30 minutes to install it. Looks sharp. Doesn't leak or peel back at high speeds. Awesome. All for $400 bucks or so. Check it out here...http://www.agricover.com/index.php/products/
Old 07-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #7
AngryTacoma
#Reistlehr- is on a distinguished road
#Reistlehr-'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to #Reistlehr- Send a message via MSN to #Reistlehr- Send a message via Yahoo to #Reistlehr-
i either have the Literider or the access roll.. i cant remember, but easy install.. 1 hr, and works and looks amazing!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 PM   #8
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Extang Solid Fold gets my vote!
Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
BlackRig has a spectacular aura aboutBlackRig has a spectacular aura about

Name: Craig
BlackRig's Tacoma Gallery
I have an access LE soft rollup cover. The LE is higher profile but will allow you to have full use of the cleats.

I bought it from luke at truckalterations. I think he's set up special pricing for TW. Search for it. I think he offers other covers as well.

It's fairly easy to install especially with an extra set of hands. Installing it yourself will save you some cash. I also purchased stainless steel bolts from the hardware store. The normal ones will rust in place if you ever need to remove it. I found that out the hard way.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:31 AM   #10
Thanks, decision made

Thanks for all the great advice on this site! Anyhow, all things considered for my needs, I decided on the Undercover. I went to get it installed yesterday but they ordered the wrong size.
They re-ordered it and promised me it would be there by Friday. I'll give them one more try to get it right then it's off to another dealer.
650.00 installed was the least expensive place in N. GA that I found.
Must.....be....patient........
Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 AM   #11
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
That's Exactly what I got,mind is black i got it for 12 years now hold up pretty good,If I may say so..
Old 07-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #12
Wasting away in the frozen North
RobbKruger is on a distinguished road

Name: Robb
RobbKruger's Tacoma Gallery
Access roll up cover on my 09 DC SB TRDSport. It is my 4th AgriCover (access), one on my '91, my 97 T100, my 03 Tundra and now the 09 DC.
The neat thing is that the spacers supplied with the kit back the factory deck rails out so you can use the Toyota rails with the cover. I don't have any experience with the other brands... just know that if it is good enuf for the over the road truckers (agricover makes tarps for OTR grain haulers), it ought to stand up to pickup truck use.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #13
brett s is on a distinguished road
Army: Former CH-47 FE
brett s's Tacoma Gallery
I have an Undercover - wanted something I could lock that was reasonably secure but was also quick & easy to remove when needed, pretty happy with it so far.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
Got it!

Got my Undercover today. Very pleased with it. I had to make some additional adjustments after the dealer installed it but it was fine. They had the front weather strippng folded under and not on the outside, and I adjusted the locks a little.
Can't use the cleats with the cover though as they hit, but should be fine to use when I remove it.
It will be nice to put my sports equipment back there instead of in the cab.
This site was very heelpful in making this decision!
Attached Thumbnails
Tonneau for 09-tonneau-016.jpg   Tonneau for 09-tonneau-018.jpg  
Old 08-01-2009, 06:59 AM   #15
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Extang Trifecta.
I have that one and love it! Very easy install, no drilling, its light, waterproof and comes off and goes on in seconds.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:07 AM   #16
97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of97Blk_one has much to be proud of

97Blk_one's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I got that when I first bought it, Leer what I got and heavy as a rock,it take two people just to remove it. But that was 13 years a go...
Old 08-01-2009, 07:44 AM   #17
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefridr View Post
I got the Access roll up soft tonneau, and I love it. No drilling. DIY installation was a piece of cake. Took like 20-30 minutes to install it. Looks sharp. Doesn't leak or peel back at high speeds. Awesome. All for $400 bucks or so. Check it out here...http://www.agricover.com/index.php/products/
I just ordered this cover a few days ago based on some feedback I found on this forum. I believe I paid $406 shipped. Will install next week, expecting the install to be pretty uneventful.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #18
otter is on a distinguished road

Name: Rob
otter's Tacoma Gallery
Installed the Access soft roll up tonneau last night. Overall pretty easy install. The only catch I ran into was one of the holes on the passenger size rail was about 1/4" off, so I had to drill that. I e-mailed that info to Access so they can fix it. I'm very happy with it, though. Looks great, very quick/easy to roll/unroll, fits tight.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #19
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefridr View Post
I got the same thing but paid $340

Luke from Truck Alterations hooked it up. All TW members can get it for that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Installed the Access soft roll up tonneau last night. Overall pretty easy install. The only catch I ran into was one of the holes on the passenger size rail was about 1/4" off, so I had to drill that. I e-mailed that info to Access so they can fix it. I'm very happy with it, though. Looks great, very quick/easy to roll/unroll, fits tight.
Yup.

To the OP...nice choice with the Undercover. It looks great! I would've gone that route if I didn't need to remove it all the time to haul stuff. I also don't have anywhere easy to store it when it's off.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:32 PM   #20
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else have the Advantage Torza Top cover? Looking into getting one of these.

How's yours holding up Janster? Any complaints? My only concern is if it will clear the OEM cargo divider I just picked up since it has a knob on each side that sticks up.