Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

bed extenders

Old 07-29-2009, 12:36 AM   #1
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
bed extenders

hey guys i have a short bed tacoma and i want to feel a bit more secure when taking my dirt bike out with the tail gate down. so i was wondering what you guys think are the best bed extenders. are the toyota one good?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
cool thanks man that helps a lot i think i might go with that
Old 08-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to attempt to build my own one today to hold mountain bikes on my short bed.... pics to follow
Old 08-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorola View Post
I am going to attempt to build my own one today to hold mountain bikes on my short bed.... pics to follow
Do you not like the cleat adapters for bikes?
Old 08-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner07 View Post
Do you not like the cleat adapters for bikes?
not to hold 4 down hill bikes when we do laps.

Also with the short bed you have to have the tail gate down with the cleat adapters so I can't put stuff in the back
Old 08-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railwayrog View Post
This is what i use with my dirt bike. http://www.readyramp.com/
And this is where I bought it http://www.surfcitysales.net/categor...4?categoryId=2
That's awesome! Looks like it would work great. Can I ask, how does it anchor? Is it securely mounted so that someone can't easily remove it? I ask only because I park in area at times where my truck is unattended.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:40 PM   #8
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
I see the issue with 4 bikes. I actually have that issue now, for a trip to Moab. I think I am going to fab a peice of unistrut and mount a couple Yakima bike mounts to it so I can carry 4 up there. Buddy is driving an expedition; so no room for bikes in the back of it.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
Railwayrog is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Retired Chief Electricians Mate
Railwayrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimertoyota View Post
That's awesome! Looks like it would work great. Can I ask, how does it anchor? Is it securely mounted so that someone can't easily remove it? I ask only because I park in area at times where my truck is unattended.

There are four straps that attach to the gate mechanism (I'll try to get photos for you). I have the same concerns about theft, what I have is a long cable which I thread thru my gas can, bike lift and ready ramp and use the the D rings to lock it to.

Hey oldtimertoyota go in my gallery I uploaded a bunch of photos of the ready ramp in use.