1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scrublades Windshield Wipers

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Rattler, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Aug 6, 2009 at 3:26 AM
    Rattler

Rattler [OP] Wandering But Not Lost

Member:
    Bay City MI
    Vehicle:
    '04 DoubleCab "3 Lift on 285/75/16s
    All Pro rear bumper with an Ironman Offroad swing-out spare carrier, Bajarack on top, blacked-out grill, Lightforce 140s Mombasa Rooftop Tent
    Well my '04 DoubleCab was in dire need of some new wiper blades. I put some cheapo Autozone ones on @ Feb. but they never last very long. I have tried a few different blades over the years nad the Bosch Icons are great but I cannot afford 2 pair of those often.

Well I happened to see Robbie Gordon was promoting these wipers called Scrublades. They claim to keep bugs and such off the windshield with a double blade and a groove pattern on the sides of the blade. http://www.scrublade.com/ If they can survive Dakar, they will probably survive Michigan.

I ordered a pair for my truck and the wife's '04 Ford Escape (been a good truck, 163k and no major repairs) since she needed a pair and does a ton more highway driving for her job than I do (BTW, the Escape takes the same size as my Taco). I also happened to spot that http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ was carrying them so I figured they would be a good product. I found them a little cheaper at other places but I have had excellent service at SE and will support them if I can.

After having them installed for a couple weeks now, I must say they do a great job keeping bug guts off too. They do seem have a slight streaking to them because of the patterned sides but it isn't anything drastic. They did an excellent job in a really good downpour we got a day or 2 after I installed them too. I haven't given them the offroad test yet but I have been trying to stay away from a lot mud this year anyway.

All in all, if you live where you get a lot of bugs, I would say they are worth it. They weren't much more than a premium blade to begin with and it will save you some scrub time when it comes time to wash your Taco.

2. Aug 6, 2009 at 4:24 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I have always had good luck with napa brand.

Products Discussed in

To Top