Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Scrublades Windshield Wipers

Old 08-06-2009, 03:26 AM   #1
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Scrublades Windshield Wipers

Well my '04 DoubleCab was in dire need of some new wiper blades. I put some cheapo Autozone ones on @ Feb. but they never last very long. I have tried a few different blades over the years nad the Bosch Icons are great but I cannot afford 2 pair of those often.

Well I happened to see Robbie Gordon was promoting these wipers called Scrublades. They claim to keep bugs and such off the windshield with a double blade and a groove pattern on the sides of the blade. http://www.scrublade.com/ If they can survive Dakar, they will probably survive Michigan.

I ordered a pair for my truck and the wife's '04 Ford Escape (been a good truck, 163k and no major repairs) since she needed a pair and does a ton more highway driving for her job than I do (BTW, the Escape takes the same size as my Taco). I also happened to spot that http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ was carrying them so I figured they would be a good product. I found them a little cheaper at other places but I have had excellent service at SE and will support them if I can.

After having them installed for a couple weeks now, I must say they do a great job keeping bug guts off too. They do seem have a slight streaking to them because of the patterned sides but it isn't anything drastic. They did an excellent job in a really good downpour we got a day or 2 after I installed them too. I haven't given them the offroad test yet but I have been trying to stay away from a lot mud this year anyway.

All in all, if you live where you get a lot of bugs, I would say they are worth it. They weren't much more than a premium blade to begin with and it will save you some scrub time when it comes time to wash your Taco.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I have always had good luck with napa brand.