Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Magnaflow cat back exhaust

Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

Jedidiah's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Magnaflow cat back exhaust

Just picked this baby up.
Its the magnaflow cat back exhaust system... 3" piping
planning on installing it tomorrow...
i'll let anyone interested how it sounds!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
TacoBlanco is on a distinguished road
TacoBlanco's Tacoma Gallery
Evil dog!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #3
TakeItEasy
Jedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud ofJedidiah has much to be proud of

He's protecting my investment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBlanco View Post
Evil dog!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
TakeItEasy

Here are the pics!
I love the sound...its not as loud as a flowmaster...still has a deep tone.

correction: the piping is a 2.5 from the cat back into the muffler and 3 in piping exiting the muffler. and a 3.5 in chrome tip

Ran into leaking problems with the clamps ( clamps at the inlet and exit of the muffler) so i went down to a local muffler shop where they welded it for me.

other than that this exhaust system is pretty sweet!

if you noticed the last pic. i lost that rubber hanger holder so i made a temporary one....went to the dealer and its gonna cost me $15!!! just for a tiny piece of rubber!
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
Tacoma4Life is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Tacoma4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, looks Great. I was looking into buying my first after market exhaust and am having a lot of trouble on making my decision. Im wondering what the differences are besides sound and look. Im planing on purchasing for my 2010 v4 and need to know if theirs less restrictive flow in some models than others, Im trying to drive on the lowest rpm's as possible. Also If i make a lot of modificatins like that and maybe a cold air intake to lower the rpms for better fuel economy when im carrying a heavier load will it also work in a reverse effect and burn fuel faster
Old 08-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #7
TakeItEasy

If you do choose an exhaust system make sure you weld it.
Here's my experience with exhaust systems:
I had a flowmaster dual exhaust system with custom piping ( i believe it was 2.5") on my 2003 double cab...this system was very loud and i never really seen any differences in gas mileage.

On my 2008 tacoma that i have now i had a dynomax muffler installed with custom 3 inch piping about a foot from the factory bolts after the cat, going into the muffler and 3 inch piping exiting. it was loud but i also noticed my gas mileage went down a little.

After switching to the magnaflow cat back ( 2.5 piping in. 3 in out) i have yet to find any differences in fuel economy.
What i have noticed with the dynomax with 3 in piping going in...i could actually feel a loss in hp.
going back to 2.5" i can feel that hp regained.

Hope that helped.
In your situation if you're getting a v4, you really dont have to worry about your fuel economy and with any of the modifications you mentioned i bet you'll still be getting better gas mileage than folks with a v6.

I'm really not an expert with all this and these are just some of my thoughts.
Good luck with modding!
let me know what you decide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma4Life View Post
Wow, looks Great. I was looking into buying my first after market exhaust and am having a lot of trouble on making my decision. Im wondering what the differences are besides sound and look. Im planing on purchasing for my 2010 v4 and need to know if theirs less restrictive flow in some models than others, Im trying to drive on the lowest rpm's as possible. Also If i make a lot of modificatins like that and maybe a cold air intake to lower the rpms for better fuel economy when im carrying a heavier load will it also work in a reverse effect and burn fuel faster
Old 08-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #8
Dman1213 is on a distinguished road
Dman1213's Tacoma Gallery
How's the dynomax muffler compared to the stock muffler or the one that comes with a magnaflow or flowmaster kit?
Old 08-29-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
TakeItEasy

in comparison to sound or performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman1213 View Post
How's the dynomax muffler compared to the stock muffler or the one that comes with a magnaflow or flowmaster kit?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:25 AM   #10
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same problem with the clamps when I installed my cat-back Magnaflow on my old X-Runner. I also took it to a muffler shop and they welded it up for like 15 bucks. I loved the sound too!
Old 08-31-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
TakeItEasy

they did it for cheap! unless i got ripped off...they charged me 50!
Sound is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J View Post
I had the same problem with the clamps when I installed my cat-back Magnaflow on my old X-Runner. I also took it to a muffler shop and they welded it up for like 15 bucks. I loved the sound too!