Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

TurtleWax ICE

Old 08-09-2009, 03:40 AM   #1
J-Byrd is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Corpsman
J-Byrd's Tacoma Gallery
TurtleWax ICE

I recently moved to Hawaii. The sun is definitely intense along with the salt air and RED-dirt. I decided to try TurtleWax ICE after my silver Tacoma 2001, Double Cab and been shipped from the West coast.
The wax comes in a very thin, oily liquid, clear and lighter than Mother's NTX. You do not have to rub as hard, nor, polish. The shine is outstanding and you get a very nice and even "Beading" of water when the truck is wet (It rains sporadically, morning, mid-day and sometimes throughout the day).
I also picked up some of their car wash, quick detailer and interior care products. All work as promised. The great thing about the interior care is that it is a 1-stop shop. It can even be used on the upholstery for minor stains. It works.
For water spots, I still use 3M clear coat safe rubbing compound (Grey bottle) on a terry cloth that is damp and diluted. This removes all blemishes, even on chromed plastic, then I coat with the ICE wax. The 3M product is also great for removing the oxidization on your headlights.
Overall, I am very pleased with the TurtleWax ICE products. Traditionally, I have been a Mother's guy. My dad has a 32 Ford Hi-boy with flames, which are hand outlined in electric blue. This stuff is deceivingly easy to apply and polish, and so far, appears to be working as promised.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
dennyct@hotmail.com will become famous soon enough
Navy: Naval Security Group
dennyct@hotmail.com's Tacoma Gallery
Ice

I use it also. Nothing seems to stick to it except bird sh*t. Even after it rains, my truck is clean. Below are pics after I clayed it with Mothers and then used Ice.
Attached Thumbnails
TurtleWax ICE-mvc-593f.jpg   TurtleWax ICE-mvc-594f.jpg   TurtleWax ICE-mvc-595f.jpg   TurtleWax ICE-mvc-596f.jpg  
Old 08-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Love the Tick!
Gingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to allGingrbredman is a name known to all

Name: G
Gingrbredman's Tacoma Gallery
I love the ICE. Accidentally get a little on some black plastic, no white residue. Goes on easy, buffs real nice, and the shine is amazing.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to hawaii dude! i just bought the turtle wax ice, and it cleaned up nice...