Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Extang Trifecta Vinyl or Canvas?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
WVU #1 Fan is on a distinguished road
WVU #1 Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Question Extang Trifecta Vinyl or Canvas?

I have a short bed cab four coming soon and have been looking at the information on the Extang Trifecta tonneau covers. Can anybody give me pros or cons on both the vynl or the canvas covers.

Thanks for replying in advance.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply. The cover looks great and sounds simple to install but I was wondering about the difference in the more expensive canvas top opposed to the vynl cover.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd stick with the vinyl, without ever having the cloth type I think it would be more difficult to maintain. Especially things like bird shit and tree sap.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
I have had my vinyl Trifecta for about 2 1/2 yrs now and its still good as new. Cleans real easy with Just Once (like 303). I have seen pics of the canvas one as well & they are a nice looking cover. Maybe someone with one will chime in. Either fabric, I would buy another.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery

Love my Extang Tr-Fold. Like Judy said, looks great and cleans up easy.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
All I need now is the truck. I waiting to order anything until its in my driveway. I leaning to the vinyl. Thanks again.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
Cool

Ok I pick up the Taco on Monday. Any last nudges one way or the other about vinyl or canvas or any other brand of toneau cover to purchase?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
Well I've received my new gray short bed cab four and really enjoying it a couple of weeks ago. I want to thank all of you for your suggestions on the tonneau cover. I chose the Extang Trifecta vinyl cover. It arrived today and as advertised it was a very easy install. It looks great and finishes off the truck.

Also from reading all the different threads I ordered Weather Tec floor mats. They were also a good fit and look good in vehicle. I have always had Husky liners but these are going to be a good change.

It is suppose to rain tomorrow so I get a chance to see how dry the bed will stay.

Go Mountaineer's beat Auburn
Old 09-17-2009, 06:22 AM   #10
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Trifecta and have to add to this thread. I love the cover and am quite pleased. highly recommended.