LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Cargo Divider

Old 08-27-2009, 07:00 PM   #21
Threadkiller
Monarch will become famous soon enoughMonarch will become famous soon enough

Monarch's Tacoma Gallery
I took a couple of pics but you have to keep in mind that this framework is hidden and I needed something quick, dirty and cheap that would get the job done. I use this truck for work and I put this together a week after I took delivery. If you need measurements, I have them, but no two trucks are alike and this is a Canadian truck so even though it was built in California, I wouldn't count on my tape measurements.

http://monarchrifle.com/dougs_divider.html
Old 08-28-2009, 04:48 AM   #22
Yesterdayz is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Yesterdayz's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, that is pretty cool. I like it.

I actually just found a great deal on the cargo divider. But if that doesn't work out I will do something like what you did. Thanks for the pics.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #23
Amos will become famous soon enough

Name: Daniel
Amos's Tacoma Gallery
anyone use the grooves on the top of the divider for anything? looks like they are made to have things slide in them like the bed rail system, but I haven't seen anything made for it.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #24
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't seen anything for them either.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #25
Artax is on a distinguished road
Artax's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if the toyota divider fits under the Access roll up soft tonneau cover. I just ordered the cover so I don't know how high it sits above the bed until I get it. These are both gifts for my wife and need to order soon in order to get them by the 16th. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #26
scout101 will become famous soon enoughscout101 will become famous soon enough
scout101's Tacoma Gallery
How high do those adjustment knobs sit on top of the divider? Worried it won't fit under my Extang Solid Fold tonneau cover...
Old 09-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #27
Just got the car divider, have the access cover.

Needed to cut about 1 inch off of each side of the divider for it to fit. (Very Easy to do)

I also installed the bars that hold the divider into the rails upside down. No issues at all, works great. Took me 10 minutes to cut down the divider and install.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #28
Artax is on a distinguished road
Artax's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent information. Thanks a ton.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #29
Bruiser is on a distinguished road
Bruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post

Is there anyway that you can "flip" the cargo divider and use it as a quasi-headache rack for the Tacoma? I regularly haul kayaks in the back of my truck and was looking for a way to protect the rear window from the kayaks hitting it when I stack them. Right now I stuff a towel between the kayaks and the window but was looking for other solutions that don't require a dedicated kayak rack or headache rack. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #30
jorgipogi is on a distinguished road
jorgipogi's Tacoma Gallery
Tonneau cover?

What type of cover you have on? It looks very sturdy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
I took a couple of pics but you have to keep in mind that this framework is hidden and I needed something quick, dirty and cheap that would get the job done. I use this truck for work and I put this together a week after I took delivery. If you need measurements, I have them, but no two trucks are alike and this is a Canadian truck so even though it was built in California, I wouldn't count on my tape measurements.

http://monarchrifle.com/dougs_divider.html
Old 07-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #31
Vraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Vraptor's Tacoma Gallery
Does any one know if this will fit underneath a TruXedo Lo Pro tonneau?
Old 07-21-2010, 10:29 AM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vraptor View Post
Does any one know if this will fit underneath a TruXedo Lo Pro tonneau?
I have an access tonneau cover. I had to remove the bed rails, and then install the cover, then put the bed rails back in. When I did that the divider would not fix so I cut it down and fits like a charm. Did that almost a year ago and have no issues.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #33
Vraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shedVraptor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Vraptor's Tacoma Gallery
Cool that is good to know but the TruXedo mounts and sits lower.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #34
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I have the Toyota Cargo Divider for my Tacoma. It's a very sturdy and useful piece which looks like it will last for the life of the truck. I don't live in an area with high theft, but I'm curious to see what solutions people have tried to prevent theft of the cargo divider.

Will a locking tailgate prevent theft? (I would prefer actually to prevent tailgate theft with something like this: http://www.jimmijammer.com/Product,%20GK.htm and address the cargo divider with a different solution)

Has anybody tried a simple mod using a cable lock similar as one of these (http://www.trimaxlocks.com/dept.aspx?dept_id=08&so=3) and possibly a D-Ring to deter theft of the cargo divider?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #36
eternal512 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
eternal512's Tacoma Gallery
Ugh, it seems it won't let me send a PM until I've posted a regular message.. (weird?)
I'm new, and I have a question for Yesterdayz (or anyone else who has installed an Access LE roll-up cover and uses an OEM cargo divider):

I was hoping you could tell me how 'hard' cutting down the divider was?

1) How precisely must you cut it down? Did you eye-ball it, or measure it?
2) What did you use to cut it down?
3) any pictures that would help me?
4) Any reason you would recommend I not use a OEM cargo divider with an AccessLE roll-up cover?

If i undertake it, I'll post an install post that outlines the process, to save you future PMs from other noobs.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 09-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #37
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal512 View Post
Ugh, it seems it won't let me send a PM until I've posted a regular message.. (weird?)
I'm new, and I have a question for Yesterdayz (or anyone else who has installed an Access LE roll-up cover and uses an OEM cargo divider):

I was hoping you could tell me how 'hard' cutting down the divider was?

1) How precisely must you cut it down? Did you eye-ball it, or measure it?
2) What did you use to cut it down?
3) any pictures that would help me?
4) Any reason you would recommend I not use a OEM cargo divider with an AccessLE roll-up cover?

If i undertake it, I'll post an install post that outlines the process, to save you future PMs from other noobs.

Thanks,
Jon

Hey.

I measured the width after the cover was installed. Doesnt have to be perfect because you will have some play from the brackets.

I used a sawzall to cut the bracket down. With a good sharp blad it will cut like butter

I got the one I got because I got a discount, Do a search on this site, I am sure they are still offered at a discount.

One thing that I do not like though, The brackets that came with the cover enable me to still use the rail system, and I like that, BUT you won't be able to put anything heavy on top of the bed (If the cover is rolled up) The brackets dont seem that strong, looks good. But makes the pickup part almost useless.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:38 AM   #38
i see, now, how the brackets provide a ton of play.
I think I'm going to mount the brackets upside down, makes removal and reinstall much easier wuth a bed mat. since it will be under a cover with a locked tailgate, it shouldn't get nicked. i'll post picks today.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #39
After installing the Access Limited tonneau, the carriers that fit inside the rails for the cargo divider don't fit. (the bolts supplied by Access have a taller head (after including the washer) then the stock bolts).

Anyone have this problem with this combo? (I'm looking at you Yesterdayz).
Old 09-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #40
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about getting one of those dividers for the bed, but now since reading about certain tonneau covers im not sure now what i am going to get cause some of those tonneaus take up the rail and render it useless

Products Discussed in this Thread