Notices

Cargo Divider

Old 09-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #41
Yesterdayz is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Yesterdayz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal512 View Post
After installing the Access Limited tonneau, the carriers that fit inside the rails for the cargo divider don't fit. (the bolts supplied by Access have a taller head (after including the washer) then the stock bolts).

Anyone have this problem with this combo? (I'm looking at you Yesterdayz).
I am not sure I know what you are talking about? I believe I mounted my brackets upside down. Can you do that? If you can attach a pic it might be helpful. If you want to see my setup let me know and I will take a picture.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #42
eternal512 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jon
eternal512's Tacoma Gallery
I returned the cargo divider. The problem was not with the brackets (which i had figured out i could mount upside down, which is neat), it's with the piece that slides inside the rail, with a protruding bolt that the brackets screw onto. These would not slide past the tonneau's bolt heads which were 2mm taller then the stock rail bolts. I could have slid them in, then added the bolts, but this would have precluded repositioning the cargo divider outside of the region between the bolts. I'm looking to fashioning my own system using the cleats, a cargo bar, and a tailgate webbing thing i found at a garage sale.

In addition to the carrier problem, i had these other two non-tonneau related gripes
1) the brackets are huge, making them a shin hazard even after removing the divider itself, 2) they dont slide smoothly in the rails, making shifting it to the front to accommodate dogs unwieldy.

Those two things made me less inclined to 'solve' the problem.

Thanks for all the help though.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #43
fooman is on a distinguished road

fooman's Tacoma Gallery
Homemade solution

Just wanted to share my solution for a cargo divider. I really just needed something to keep groceries, etc. from sliding all over the place and this works perfectly. Wheel wells hold it in place and it easily lifts out if necessary. I had a board and screws in the garage so all I had to buy were the rubber bumpers (less than $5). Thanks to Monarch and Kelson for their ideas!
Attached Thumbnails
Cargo Divider-img-20140617-00714.jpg   Cargo Divider-img-20140617-00715.jpg   Cargo Divider-img-20140617-00716.jpg