Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Meguiar's Headlight Restoration Kit

Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 PM   #1
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Meguiar's Headlight Restoration Kit

I bought and used this kit on my 2005 Corolla XRS. The lights were pretty hazy and actually seemed like it was from some sort of chemical the previous owner used under the hood that got on the lights.

I used it as the directions told me to and it worked with great results. The lights look like new now.

Marc M
Old 08-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I did this for my headlamps.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...headlamps.html
Old 08-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
I bought and used this kit on my 2005 Corolla XRS. The lights were pretty hazy and actually seemed like it was from some sort of chemical the previous owner used under the hood that got on the lights.

I used it as the directions told me to and it worked with great results. The lights look like new now.

Marc M
awesome! i have used the plast-x and my mothers powerball mini with decent results. and this past weekend, i tried 3m's headlight resto kit on the wifes honda accord headlights. works pretty awesomely, but i was using my cordless drill,so the results weren't ass good as they could have been.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
i love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedi love tacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 2nd Landing Support Battalion
Name: Chris
i love tacos's Tacoma Gallery
Headlight resto

I had great result using 1000-2000 grit sandpaper and wet sanding the heavy stuff off. This will smooth the surface dramatically and then used the Mequiar's. My wife's Lincoln had almost yellow headlights with HID's and they looked almost new when I got done. (Use maskings tape on the painted areas to protect from sandpaper.)
Old 08-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy used the 3m stuff and said he was disappointed with it. The meguirs doesn't use sandpaper I wonder how deep it will go without it?