Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

?Frame Mounted Running Boards?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
Benbro is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
Benbro's Tacoma Gallery
Cool ?Frame Mounted Running Boards?

Does anyone know of a good running board for a 06 double that mounts to the frame. I like the looks of the "Romik" boards that looks like a nerf bar with a diamond plate platform, but there are a complaints about them rattling because they attach to the body mounts. Anyone own these??
Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW

I dont think any company will have the running boards mount to the frame or the body mounts (please correct me if I'm wrong). Toyota was nice enough to have factory threaded nuts in the bottom of the cab to mount them to. If I were a manufacturing company I would not be spending extra $$$ on R&D to mount them in a different location. If the Romik boards rattly it's most likely because the mounting hardware is made of shoddy material.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #4
Benbro is on a distinguished road

Name: Ben
Benbro's Tacoma Gallery
Frame mounted running boards.

Thanks for the reply "Dark Knight". My only concern with the factory mounting points are, Whats behind the sheet metal holding up large adults standing on these mounting points possibly moving at low speeds down the beach??
Old 08-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
I have jumped up and down on those above with no problems. They seemed very stable. Slee offroad Sliders would be exactly what you want but they do not make them for Double cab Long beds
Old 08-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
If you find some....let me know!!!!

I've probably said this a million times...but I've been wanting to put Double Cab running boards on my access cab. The DC SB and AC frames are the same and it'd pretty much be a bolt-on wheel to wheel running board.

But everything is off the body and I just haven't found anything I like that doesn't cost a fortune for me to 'attempt' making an additional bracketry for the rear mount after the cab on the AC. Long story - did shitloads of research and never did it due to cost (if it didn't work).

But yeah, if you want something off the frame - do some research on rock sliders.