1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

JBA Cat-back exhaust review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by RelentlessFab, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Sep 11, 2009 at 9:03 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab [OP] Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    I purchased a Stainless steel JBA Cat back exhaust through the guys over at URD about a year ago now. The price was $276+ $30 shipping for a grand total of $306, quite a good price IMO. The installation went well and the fit was quite good except for one thing: The rear most hanger for the exhaust tends to slip out of the factory rubber isolator as it likes to sit only 1/2 way in(remedied by welding a flat washer to the end of the hanger rod so it cant slip through). Initially I also had a little bit of an issue with the exhaust bumping the leaf spring hanger when hitting bumps/pot holes while offroad, but I loosened the clamp for the rear section and managed to slip the joint in a little farther and have never had another issue. The tone of the exhaust was initially quiet, yet notibly more throaty than stock, but over time the tone has grown deeper and louder. It is not to the point of being annoying inside the cab while cruising the highway, but you definately know its there, especially on downshifts and when accelerating around 3K+ RPMs. I love the sound of this exhaust coupled with the sound my CAI in the cab during acceleration.
    Overall, I'd give the exhaust a 4/5 rating. It would get 5/5 if the fit issues were ironed out just a tad.

Products Discussed in

To Top