Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Weathertech Floor Liners

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #182
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
I just got mine as well...Def should have gotten them sooner...

For the record, I have a manual and I didn't have to trim mine. They go up far enough in the back. I think it's more of a "cover your ass" thing they say when they mention it isn't meant for a stick shift.....
Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #183
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
GAH. NOW you tell me...I didn't order them because they said it would not fit.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #184
Alexander Supertramp
lodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlodi781 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Stamford Fire Department, Group 3 truck 3
lodi781's Tacoma Gallery
Well you shoulda asked your good friend Lodi then shouldn't you?????
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #185
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
GAH. NOW you tell me...I didn't order them because they said it would not fit.
It's never too late.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #186
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it is, the money went toward the seatcover gb.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #187
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I like the twist lock thing on the newer trucks vs. the hook type.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #188
Paint pig is on a distinguished road
Paint pig's Tacoma Gallery
I got a 2013 double cab and all the 2012 line fits. I called weathertech and they did not even know if it would fit, thank god it did!! Fits like a charm front and back. until now I used to use hexo mats in all my cars and trucks but I am now sold on weathertech!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:53 AM   #189
BlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueGhillie's Tacoma Gallery
So just got a set of front and rear Weathertech liners for my 2012 DC and everything is awesome fit wise except the passenger side! It's almost like the twist locks are in the wrong spots. When I compare the hole spacing to the stock carpet twistlock holes it's off by at least an inch if not more. I'm going to try and upload pictures but the way they fit around the door sill is horrible. If I keep these I'm going to be constantly tripping on the edge and bending it. Any ideas?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:09 AM   #190
phantomblackgto is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
phantomblackgto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGhillie View Post
So just got a set of front and rear Weathertech liners for my 2012 DC and everything is awesome fit wise except the passenger side! It's almost like the twist locks are in the wrong spots. When I compare the hole spacing to the stock carpet twistlock holes it's off by at least an inch if not more. I'm going to try and upload pictures but the way they fit around the door sill is horrible. If I keep these I'm going to be constantly tripping on the edge and bending it. Any ideas?

Mine fit my 2012 DCSB Sport just fine now. My passenger side stuck up just a little bit right after installing them, similar to yours but not quite that much. You might try taking it out and bending it down. You can shape them a little for something like this. You may also put some weight on it installed. I've had three different pair of these now (2012 Tacoma, 2011 Tacoma, 2011 Camaro) and sometimes there may be a place or two that don't fit snug after shipping, but usually within a few days seem to mold more into place. Hopefully, this will be the case for you as well.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:50 AM   #191
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for posting this, I emailed Wheathertech the other day and had the same comments they didn't know if the 2012 model was going to fit! good to know I'll order mine right away!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #192
BlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueGhillie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Weathertech recommended "popping" the liner inside out for about an hour or two to help fit the edges tight to the truck trim but the issue is that it sits on top of the sill not just right next to it like it's suppose to. That I can't fix without a heat gun and some serious reforming. I'm leaning toward it being a Toyota issues really but I'm hoping a new set will fix the problem. Again - I LOVE the fit on the drivers side and back seats but this passenger side front is horrible. Here's a pic to show you what I'm talking about with it sitting on top of the sill not smoothly along it.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #193
HomeRunner is on a distinguished road

HomeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
It could be that the retention device was not put in the correct spot by the factory/dealer
Old 10-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #194

That's what I think it might be. Anybody know of a thread or post that might address removing or moving those twist lock studs? I know they're 2011+ but I figure someone has to have removed their flooring and seen how they're attached.
Search turned up nothing sadly
Old 10-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #195
HomeRunner is on a distinguished road

HomeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
You could easily pry the old style ones out. Not sure about 2011+ though.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...s-removed.html
Old 10-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #196
I can tell you, 2011 and 2012 are completely different. 2011 do not lock like the 2012. 2011 has the little swivel hook that is more adjustable. 2012 have specific pins that stick through the mats and rotate to lock in place. I can take pics of both later tonight.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #197
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know the clutch doesn't cause a problem-I will be ordering
Old 10-26-2012, 12:12 PM   #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiomax View Post
Thanks for posting this, I emailed Wheathertech the other day and had the same comments they didn't know if the 2012 model was going to fit! good to know I'll order mine right away!
We're talking 2012 liners in a 2012 here. I can't speak for 2012 liners fitting in a 2013, but I do think I read somewhere that they will work (just don't take my word for it). I haven't seen how the 2013 mat holders are configured.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 PM   #199
Pro skier
skiomax is on a distinguished road

Canadian Army:
skiomax's Tacoma Gallery
there was a post by Paint Pig, that it fitted in his 2013 I am assuming that what he met.

Products Discussed in this Thread