Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Weathertech Floor Liners

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #161
mhlden is on a distinguished road
mhlden's Tacoma Gallery
Is there going to be another group buy soon? I am in need of front rears and window guards
Old 12-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #162
Reach High Design is on a distinguished road

Reach High Design's Tacoma Gallery
I put a pair in as soon as I purchased my Tacoma. Here in Hawaii the blood red dirt is famous… They really are just as custom designed and durable everyone says. One side not the logo strip on the passenger side came off the other day. It is not critical but still this was a little disappointing.

I just cleaned my truck yesterday. I gave my two-year-old helper the task of cleaning off my mats. He had a ball and I didn’t have to come behind him!! The mats where clean. They are that easy to clean.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #163
PlanoTaco is on a distinguished road

PlanoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought a 2012 Taco DC and called today. Still none for the New Models, but would be very interested in a group order as soon as the 2012's hit the streets. Will need Front and Back as well---MHLDEN
Old 01-22-2012, 09:27 PM   #164
azred is on a distinguished road
Name: T
azred's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoTaco View Post
Just bought a 2012 Taco DC and called today. Still none for the New Models, but would be very interested in a group order as soon as the 2012's hit the streets. Will need Front and Back as well---MHLDEN
I have a 2012 on order and should be in by the end of Feb. When you called did they say why or when they would have them for the 2012's?
Old 07-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #165
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 101st ABN
Name: Chip
armyofsquirrels's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered my set, I bought them on Amazon for 169.95 ($0.05) more then the WeatherTech site, but I know the return policy with Amazon better in case the fit is off, but you guys seem to review them very high so *crosses fingers*
Old 07-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #166
azred is on a distinguished road
Name: T
azred's Tacoma Gallery
Chip I bought the Weathertech liners for my TXPro 2012 DC and have been very happy with them. The fit is perfect in my Tacoma. I recently returned from a trip to eastern AZ where the monsoon storms caused lots of rain and the liners were put to the test with the mud, dirt, etc, and they performed as expected. Once I got back I took them out, hosed them off and they were good to go.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #167
F*ck It, Why Not!
armyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmyofsquirrels is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Good to hear azred, I have a manual and a few other members have said the clutch can stick, so I am a little worried about that, I'm hoping that weathertech has fixed that issue because I don't feel comfortable cutting a 169$ set of floor mats. But I'll keep you guys posted on how it works out with my manual.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #168
JirafaBo is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
JirafaBo's Tacoma Gallery
How do the weathertech digitals feel? Are they more of a plasticy feel or a rubber feel like the heavy duty all weather mats? I won't be doing any mudding or off roading, and I don't prefer a plastic mat, but a rubber one instead. What do you guys think?
Old 07-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #169
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
They are nice mats but not worth the money. Got my front ones used for $40 and they work great. Had to cut a piece off to make room for the clutch pedal, but I knew that I will have to do that before. I could not find a used rear mat for the DC so one day I broke down and spend $100CAD on a new one from weathertech. Very dissapointed. The rear ones are a lot thinner and flimsier than the heaver duty front ones.

They are great mats, but maybe for half the price imo. $209 CAD for a set is ridicilous.

To Weathertech: Maybe finally make a version with clutch pedal cut out and how about using the same material for fronts and rears if you gonna charge that much $... /rant
Old 07-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #170
F*ck It, Why Not!

Still waiting on my to come in the mail, they shipped and should be here by the 31st. I'm hoping that since they are for the 2012 maybe they've changed the design for the clutch issue... if not I may be sending them back.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #171
phantomblackgto is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
phantomblackgto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JirafaBo View Post
How do the weathertech digitals feel? Are they more of a plasticy feel or a rubber feel like the heavy duty all weather mats? I won't be doing any mudding or off roading, and I don't prefer a plastic mat, but a rubber one instead. What do you guys think?

They definitely have more of a plastic feel than rubber imo. With that said, they are the only mats I will buy if they are available for the vehicle. I currently have them in 2012 Tacoma DCSB, 2011 Tacoma DCSB, 2011 Camaro (including trunk mat), and 2005 4Runner. If they made them for my GTO, they'd be in there too. Pricey, yes. But definitely worth it in my book.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #172
F*ck It, Why Not!

Ok got them in the mail, Installed today, took pictures:

(May be hard to tell, but I was pressing the clutch all the way down with my hand. DOES NOT CATCH ON MINE NOT EVEN CLOSE)

No need to take the clips out, they lock the mat in just like the stock carpet ones.

So there you go, if your new to the site or just find this thread, I hope my time and pictures help you make your choice. As for the feel of the mats. They feel like a polymer to me but are flexible (to a point). The texture reminds me of my P-Mags... which is perfectly fine with me I love those magazines too.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #173
F*ck It, Why Not!

P.S. I ordered them from Amazon.com and did not tell the seller if it was an automatic or manual so I "BELIEVE" that they are the standard mat style for the All of the 2012 Tacoma's (I did make sure that the listing matched my YEAR in the event of minor changes to the inside)
Old 08-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #174
wagz502 is on a distinguished road
Name: Wagz
wagz502's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone tried the Husky liners? If so, which do you think are better? What are the majore differences between the two?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:47 AM   #175
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I had the huskys in my old truck and they work great, they are just as form fitting as the weathertec and they cover a little more area than it looks like the weather tech does.( The husky covers the entire dead pedal) The only real difference seems to be appearance, the husky looks a little more utilitarian, like something you'd see in a jeep vs the weathertec looking a little more upscale.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #176
tpr676 is on a distinguished road

tpr676's Tacoma Gallery
Still love mine, 2012 double cab no problems.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #177
F*ck It, Why Not!

My friend has the husky liners in his 09, they have held up to the construction sites since a week after he bought it new. So they are good mats as well, the appearance is different, and the fit on the PS seems more like a tray to me then a liner, but its just personal preference. For what its worth after seeing mine he said he might switch when the time comes for that.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #178
Live Free or Die is on a distinguished road
Army: 2-504 PIR, 82ND ABN DIV
Name: Dave
Live Free or Die's Tacoma Gallery
These are the standard for floor mats. I have only seen one issue with them where a mat warped along the outer edge, but that was only one mat so I wouldn't think much of it.

Here are some before and after pics of the front set.
Attached Thumbnails
Weathertech Floor Liners-img_0820.jpg   Weathertech Floor Liners-img_0822.jpg   Weathertech Floor Liners-img_0821.jpg   Weathertech Floor Liners-img_0823.jpg  
Old 09-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #179
Daxom is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Sergeant, Field Training Officer
Name: Rob
Daxom's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up the front & back Weather Tech Digifit's in black for my 2013 Taco double cab. They are 2012's but fit the '13 perfectly. Ready for winter.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #180
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Liked them enough that I ordered a set for my Subaru even before taking delivery of the car at the dealer. Due to the location of the fuel door release, Weathertech didn't design the liner to extend over the doorsill like the Taco liner. Interestingly, after a year, the Weathertech sticker had come off.

Products Discussed in this Thread