Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Weathertech Floor Liners

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech Floor Liners

Talking the custom fit ones here. This will be my first winter with them. Only received them today but figured Id pop a quick review for those of you considering them for the upcoming winter season.

These babies seem to be as advertised, and every bit as impressive as other owners suggest. While they look like a fantastic fit in pictures, they look and fit even better in person. They fact that they fit so snug along the sides and along all the edges is quite impressive and gives you the warm fuzzies when thinking about mud, snow, sand, etc. Ive seen too many of my vehicles' side door sill carpet get destroyed even though I had "good" rubber all season floor mats.

Hit up Weathertech and spend the buck. Its costly, but consider it an investment towards your "baby". Your truck, and the next owner will thank you.

Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
I love mine! I have the front and rear. bought them used over a year and a half ago. A good wash down and drying, and I could pass them off as brand new. I have over 30k on them myself! Who knows how many from the prev owner.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #3
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
nice! these are a good investment.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

Yeah Ive seen those threads about trimming. I think they have fixed that on the new ones...at least everything was fit to spec on mine.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

moto932's Tacoma Gallery
where's the best place to order these at?
Old 09-16-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
Yeah Ive seen those threads about trimming. I think they have fixed that on the new ones...at least everything was fit to spec on mine.

Your automatic doesn't have a clutch...Last I looked they do not make a set of mats for the manual.

The entire floor pan is the same and it fit like a glove...Only issue was with some interference/catching the clutch pedal. They are great!!
Old 09-16-2009, 08:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
where's the best place to order these at?
Got mine right from Weathertech. I price shopped everywhere else, and they all sell at the same price. Im guessing any place you buy them from simply orders them from weathertech anyway...so I figured go right to the source if the price is the exact same.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Only thing that would have made mine better...was if my lazy ass had bought them sooner.

Even if you have the manual- The trimming required is not much and it is SOOO TOTALLY worth it.
X2 love mine
Old 09-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Your automatic doesn't have a clutch...Last I looked they do not make a set of mats for the manual.

The entire floor pan is the same and it fit like a glove...Only issue was with some interference/catching the clutch pedal. They are great!!
So is the "interference" all okay now? I have a manual and was thinking about getting these, but if there is interference...
Old 09-17-2009, 04:55 AM   #13
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
I just got mine a few weeks ago (keep forgetting to take any pics) and I love them. I got front and rear, the fit is awesome. I was hesitant to spend that much on floor mats, but they were well worth it and I'm glad I got both sets.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:30 AM   #14
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat View Post
So is the "interference" all okay now? I have a manual and was thinking about getting these, but if there is interference...
I had to trim out about a 2 inch by 1/2 inch notch at the top of mat right under the clutch and it works fine. It takes a bit of work to make it perfect (at least for me it did). But I'm super happy.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #16
Poohey is on a distinguished road
Poohey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
Got mine as well, fit was gr8t! No trimming required
Old 09-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. Now I have to order a set becuase they look so darn good. Thanks for helping me spend more money, hehehe
Old 09-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #18
DadsToy is on a distinguished road

Air Force: E-8 Retired
Name: David
DadsToy's Tacoma Gallery
Just to let everyone know, I am returning mine as they aren't even close to fitting in the front or rear of my 2001 DC.

They might fit the new vehicles, but these are just wrong and the dealer says just trim them......

I would have to cut away about a 1/3rd of the mat.

Oh well.....
Old 09-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsToy View Post
Just to let everyone know, I am returning mine as they aren't even close to fitting in the front or rear of my 2001 DC.

They might fit the new vehicles, but these are just wrong and the dealer says just trim them......

Oh well.....
You know they are custom fit to each make/model/year right (assuming you get the digital fit ones)? Where did you purchase yours? Is it possible you got the wrong ones? I looked up the 2001s on weathertech's website...

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvp...ustomerVehId=0
Old 09-24-2009, 04:08 PM   #20

moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadsToy View Post

Oh well.....
they aren't made for specific years/models?

Products Discussed in this Thread