Notices

TRD Supercharger info??

Old 09-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Wildboar1945 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Anti Sub Aircrew / Retired
Name: Dave
Wildboar1945's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Supercharger info??

I'm considering this for increased towing power.

Any input??
Old 09-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sea...archid=1328024
Old 09-25-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
this is what i know with the trd supercharger a filter, k&n aem ect you will get to about 315 hp thats without exhaust and a chip, but i think you could get about 335 hp with all that put in, to put that in perspective the tundra with the 4.7 v8 has 276 hp the chevy 4.8 has just about 300, and even the ford 5.4 has only 330, so you are going to feel a difference with the sc. I know for towing your thinking about torque, but i think just with the trd supecharger it has 328 ft lbs and stock its 266

also you in california along with me, and the trd supecharger has CARB approved, and it has the sticker so when you go to pass smog the guy will pass you on the visual inspection every time.

you should also look into the urd supercharger, with that it is 2k more expensive, but you can get up to 420 hp with some accessories, the only problem is i cannot figure out if it is carb legal
Old 09-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Wildboar1945 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Anti Sub Aircrew / Retired
Name: Dave
Wildboar1945's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Fred... I appreciate the insight!

I plan to buy online & have the dealership do the install including the chip changes. From what I've read it's the only way to keep the warranty intact. My big concern is adding all that torque with the tow load. I don't want to twist the driveshaft or turn the diff. into powder. Maybe I'm just not giving my Taco enough credit for ability?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
i have never heard of anybody having problems with their driveshaft except a couple guys that droped and ls3 into a ford ranger that was not made to go there, but still if i was towing i wouldnt gun it especially hard