Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

CBI Bolt on rear bumper

Old 09-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #21
Crunchy Taco
blacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant futureblacktaco21 has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
blacktaco21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
Yes it has a hitch receiver built into it. That is what the drop hitch is coming out of.
So would this be as strong as the towing package that comes stock on the tacoma? I'm considering buying a new offroad bumper and don't want to lose towing capabilities with a new bumper. Just wondering because I tow my 21' mastercraft.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:44 PM   #22
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
subbed.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #23
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktaco21 View Post
So would this be as strong as the towing package that comes stock on the tacoma? I'm considering buying a new offroad bumper and don't want to lose towing capabilities with a new bumper. Just wondering because I tow my 21' mastercraft.
according to cbi, they feel that the towing ability is as strong or stronger
than the factory bumper. i think it has to be stronger. the factory bumper
basicly is 2" square tubing, with thin sheet metal attached to it. 2" tubing
is strong, that is what my sliders are made from.

the cbi bumper is stout as heck, as long as your trailer is balanced properly, you won't have any problems.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #24
jeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeff b is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BM3 1st Div.
Name: Jeff
jeff b's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait to see one on my truck.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #26
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Well i know what im getting now. I have been looking for a new rear bumper. I like how this one sticks our a little further than the AP, so if you back into something, you know it will hit the bumper instead of the tailgate.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #27
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aww their website is down.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:57 AM   #28
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Well i know what im getting now. I have been looking for a new rear bumper. I like how this one sticks our a little further than the AP, so if you back into something, you know it will hit the bumper instead of the tailgate.
mine sticks out 4.5" from the base of the tail gate
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #30
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build bro!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #31
McGrubber

I love that rear tube one! with the swing out gate. I wonder if you can lock it open or take it off? I run around with my motorcycles alot and wonder if that causes a problem with the gate.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #32
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
The rear bumper looks good. I know it's an old thread but how much dose it cost to linex one of these bumpers?
Thanks

Brett
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #33

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
The rear bumper looks good. I know it's an old thread but how much dose it cost to linex one of these bumpers?
Thanks

Brett
it has been some time since i had it done, i am sure the prices are different from place to place. i think i paid like $125-$150 for the rear, like $150-$175 for the front. i had to talk them down from what they first tried to charge me. i got some 285 duratrac's on now, it looks alot better.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #35
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
it has been some time since i had it done, i am sure the prices are different from place to place. i think i paid like $125-$150 for the rear, like $150-$175 for the front. i had to talk them down from what they first tried to charge me. i got some 285 duratrac's on now, it looks alot better.
Thanks dude. Do you have any resent pics of your truck with the rear bumper? Do you know what other paint people use other than linex? I don't want to paint myself cause I I know I'll screw it up.

Brett
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #36

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.trd View Post
V-train! Holy shit dude! How the hell are ya! Good to see you still rocking the truck and the CBI! Get ahold of me, would love to catch up you.
Lol, I am going to drive this thing until it dies. I will shoot you a pm.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 AM   #37

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
Thanks dude. Do you have any resent pics of your truck with the rear bumper? Do you know what other paint people use other than linex? I don't want to paint myself cause I I know I'll screw it up.

Brett

i will try and take some more pictures tomorrow and stick them up. my truck is dirty, it only get washed once a year in march, and it is not march yet. that is what is great about the color, all it takes is a good rain and your good.