Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review: Warn Trans4mer Grill/Brush Guard

Old 07-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #21
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CtryBoyInMT's Tacoma Gallery
It dropped exactly an inch.

I was planning on putting in the 2.5" coil spacer lift in the front, but I got side tracked with summertime hobbies. Boating, Fishing, camping, etc...
Old 07-27-2008, 11:01 PM   #22
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, thats what i've been wanting to know for a while.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #24
Banned
Munky is on a distinguished road
Navy: Active 2002 - present
Name: Beau
Munky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Munky Send a message via Yahoo to Munky
think this looks better than the ARB and other full bumpers that i have seen.... now my question is do you have to mount a WARN Winch in the bracket or can you mount another brand
Old 12-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #25
Lifetime Member
CtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtryBoyInMT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post
think this looks better than the ARB and other full bumpers that i have seen.... now my question is do you have to mount a WARN Winch in the bracket or can you mount another brand
I have a Smittybuilt 8K lb winch in mine.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:51 PM   #26
Banned
Munky is on a distinguished road
Navy: Active 2002 - present
Name: Beau
Munky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Munky Send a message via Yahoo to Munky
kool thanx, not sure if im going to need a winch just yet im going out with my club soon though and just looking at stuff for the future
Old 02-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #27
waller24 will become famous soon enough
waller24's Tacoma Gallery
did the bilstein 5100's help equal out the drop of the front end or does it really need coils?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:11 PM   #28
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
You could take it to your local powder coater and have them shoot it. Just a thought. Powder coating is pretty tuff when done right.

Nice set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtryBoyInMT View Post
I needed a good lightweight, aesthetic and strong permanent winch mount. Didn't like the tubular or the weight of the ARB or All Pro. I think it looks good. I paid $760 to my door off eBay. It's sold in pieces: The Grill Guard, The Brush Guard, and The Winch Carrier. so if you don't like the brush guards or can't afford all at once, knock off $135 and thats about the cheapest winch mount you can get. You know Warn built this. It's really stout. Double gusseted, .25" plate, multiple frame mounting points to eliminate tweaking. Really nice R&D from Warn.
Put this on about a month ago. Last weekend we setup some half dozen good "I can't believe I'm purposely sticking my truck in here" off angle and/or uphill pulls to test it out (I was testing out the winch too!).
Only complaint is that the sprayed on enamel sucks. it almost rubs off with a gritted glove and will eventually rust. But I am and always have been planning on rhino lining it, so it really doesn't matter; to me anyway.
Sorry about the mediocre pictures. I took them about a month ago and now it's too cold and snowy to get good ones. It's not quite as shiny anymore!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #29
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any pictures of the front end of your truck from further away? and a side view from further away too?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #30
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineTacoDriver View Post
Do you have any pictures of the front end of your truck from further away? and a side view from further away too?
These are the best I've got.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Warn Trans4mer Grill/Brush Guard-dscn1150.jpg   Review: Warn Trans4mer Grill/Brush Guard-dscn1151.jpg   Review: Warn Trans4mer Grill/Brush Guard-stock-copy.jpg  
Old 03-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #31
MarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarineTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: KC-130J Loadmaster
Name: Brian
MarineTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtryBoyInMT View Post
These are the best I've got.
And they're just what I wanted, thanks!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:06 PM   #32
waller24 will become famous soon enough
waller24's Tacoma Gallery
winch

those last pics you posted............did you have the tsb on in those pics? and im assuming it was pre-billys too?
Old 04-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #34
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was put on the week I got my truck...I ordered it the same day I ordered the truck...any way I have used it a bunch...driving through the sage brush hunting last year and being stuck a couple of times too!!! Looks pretty good, and tough enough I think!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #35
4bangeronabudget is on a distinguished road
Army:
4bangeronabudget's Tacoma Gallery
I know this is an old thread but i just bought a trans4mer for my 08 part # W3671250 but it didnt come with any instructions and i can for the life of me find any online. Any help would be greatly appreciated