Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

URD MAF Calibrator

Old 06-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #121
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Is it correct that it only changes the signal in open loop......yes sir.
so it's useless to try to program my maf for normal city driving and Smog testing, correct?
Old 06-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #122
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
so it's useless to try to program my maf for normal city driving and Smog testing, correct?
You wouldn't be able to. You are lucky though since you have an 07. You can get a used APR-X1 or the new UCON-EMS.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #123
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
You can get a used APR-X1 or the new UCON-EMS.
Can those tune for closed loop A/F?

Quote:
Yessir........it only alters the signal at wot or high load situations.

Think urs may be cat related?

I can't remember if u have shorties or long tubes.

Wish u were closer dude
I am running long tube headers, running way rich.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #124
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
Can those tune for closed loop A/F?
Yes. You can tune for almost everything with those.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #126
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengland25 View Post
You guys know if the wiring diagram has changed from 2006 to 2009. my 2009 wires in the truck arent matching up with that of the 06' diagram that was provided. Can anyone shed some light on this while I have it all ready to install..
Yes they do...the one I bought used came with the 09,10 wiring diagram so I had to print out the 05-08 one
Old 07-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #129
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prerunner02 View Post
I'm in your same boat I just got had headers put on soon cat back exhaust. except I can;t tune yet because I havenlt installed it and I can't find any damn instructions. I never got any with the MAF calibrator. I couldn't find any on the net or on splitsec.com or on the disc it comes with. I emailed urd begging for some damn instructions. I can't even use the software on my laptop because it's not compatable with wondows vista. So I hope some shop can do it for a reasonable price.
It's compatible. I'm still running Vista and have no issues with the software.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #130
All those moments will be lost in time
GVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shedGVY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SSG, 2 Brigade, 82 Airborne Div Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA) Squadron
Name: Guy
GVY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee98 View Post
Can anyone help me with the software? I can't get the computer to recognize the MAF. Does it need to be installed in the truck with power to load a map to it?
Yes. It needs to be installed to be powered by the truck and recognized when hooked up to your computer.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #131
HumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHumboldtTaco707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HumboldtTaco707's Tacoma Gallery
How to you get your hands in there to solder the wires?
Old 07-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #132
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtTaco707 View Post
How to you get your hands in there to solder the wires?
OK, what you have to do is pull the harnesses off of the ECU itself, I labled the harnesses to keep track of them. After that it took some finagaling but I was able to pull enough slack of just the wires I needed, it wasn't easy and it took a little time. Once I had all the right wires in front of me, I started with the hardest ones first, meaning the hardest ones to reach.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #133
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Lmao...its def a tight squeeze...iirc I sat on the ledge and had the seat back/reclined all the way.

Its been a while tho...........take ur time, and check ur wiring 3 times before committing to splicing.

When u disconnect the wire harness from the ecu, u have some slack to work with but it ain't much......im 6'1 and about 270 right now (post surgery weight from an injury), and I made it work.
Jesus, and I thought I was a fat fuck! Just kidding Brock
Old 07-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #134
Banned
Quote:
I am and I know it.....avg is 220-230. When I have a serious injury and end up waiting for work comp to clear me for surgery, I usually gain 50lbs due to the lack of a physically demanding job, depression, and loss of some mobility.

I drop weight fast tho, so Ill be fine
I damn near died from an infection earlier this year, couldn't work for 5 weeks, put on almost 20 lbs, I'm at 245 or so right now, I know the feeling
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #135
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
just put mine on last night after work, didn't get a chance to try it out, but i did step on it a little today coming to work and i could definately feel a gain.