Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

weather tech mats for manual trans

Old 01-02-2010, 09:19 AM   #1
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Question weather tech mats for manual trans

Do the weather tech mats fit manuals trans? I look online and only see for auto? I don't see what the big difference could be. Anybody know if there could be problems getting them for my 08?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't find a set specifically for the manual... maybe somebody on here knows. If you order the auto set you will have to trim the drivers side just a little. The clutch will catch on it if you do not. I have a set and just trimmed the drivers side, 0 problems. when you put them in you will see... just dont go driving to test them.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
IndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to beholdIndigoTaco is a splendid one to behold
IndigoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered them, and just trimmed a small cutout for the clutch because it caught VERY occasionally. All the protection and it fits my truck, I have no complaints. Great mats.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #4
Gringo is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Polish spook
Gringo's Tacoma Gallery
+1. carved about 3/8" scoop out of the clutch pedal area with a pocket knife and no problems since. great mats!
Old 01-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Clutch interference is the concern that means WeatherTech does not produce mats for a manual.

A small notch below the clutch pedal will do the trick. I also put the hook side of some Industrial Velco under mine and it sticks to the rug pretty good. With the retention hooks near the seat- It works great.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #6
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Ok thanks for all the info. Doesn't sound like anything I can't handle.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
Yaris Offroader
putawaywet is a name known to allputawaywet is a name known to allputawaywet is a name known to allputawaywet is a name known to allputawaywet is a name known to allputawaywet is a name known to all
Name: Jason
putawaywet's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know - I've got a set on order for my 2010 manual...
Old 03-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #9
GPx is on a distinguished road
GPx's Tacoma Gallery
Weathertech mats with Manual = piece of cake

No problem...I installed them on my 4cyl/5 spd, just a simple trim of about a 2" x 4" piece of material with a simple sharp scissors. Note the trimmed area under the pedal in the 2nd pic.

Check clutch pedal movement and trim as needed.

This is one of the best upgrades to do, IMHO.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #10
Mainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to beholdMainehunter is a splendid one to behold
Marines:
Name: Jim
Mainehunter's Tacoma Gallery
Same here-- I've got an '09 manual and with minor trimming no problems at all, have had for probably 6 mos, clutch has never caught. I had called them originally to ask before ordering, a lady told me the reason they don't make them for manuals is because they're not common enough for them to bother making a different version. She also told me to just trim them.

Great product, I just hose mine off when I wash the truck.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #11
Patrick is on a distinguished road
Patrick's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered mine I cant wait to get them, my current all weather mats suck there the ones that say tacoma on them I forgot who made them.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #12
kxhansen is on a distinguished road
Name: Ken
kxhansen's Tacoma Gallery
Fit the 09 6 speed fine

I've had mine in my 09 6 speed since May 2009 and I didn't even have to trim them. I didn't get the laser fit for the rear (I have a double cab), I got the mats, but after looking at it, I think the rears would be OK - maybe just some minor trimming. Great mats.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY50cal View Post
I couldn't find a set specifically for the manual... maybe somebody on here knows. If you order the auto set you will have to trim the drivers side just a little. The clutch will catch on it if you do not. I have a set and just trimmed the drivers side, 0 problems. when you put them in you will see... just dont go driving to test them.
i had to trim my digitals in my reg cab 2010 5 speed manual. i actually could not believe that a mat that fits so well would hang up on the clutch pedal! and when i ordered them i even called and let them know exactly what truck i have.
but alas it was an easy fix that you can not see unless you practically kneel down and look right at it. other than that i think they are the best protection for your rugs money can buy.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #14
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just cut mine a little and they fit fine!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #15
blahablaha is on a distinguished road
Name: Father
blahablaha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPx View Post
No problem...I installed them on my 4cyl/5 spd, just a simple trim of about a 2" x 4" piece of material with a simple sharp scissors. Note the trimmed area under the pedal in the 2nd pic.

Check clutch pedal movement and trim as needed.

This is one of the best upgrades to do, IMHO.

Thanks for the info on this, including the photos. I've just purchased an 06 4wd v6 manual and was a bit worried about the disclaimer on the weathertech website--but the order is in and I'm off and running. These forums are incredibly helpful! You laid a newbie's mind to rest.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:20 PM   #16
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Mine hung up the clutch. At first I thought there was no interference, so I didn't do anything. It's distressing when starting from a light though, and shifting, and your clutch sticks in! So I notched mine in a nearby parking lot with a pocket knife. Cut out a couple square inches. Works great now.

What I really like about 'em is how easy it makes cleaning the interior. No vacuum cleaner. Just pull the mat, shake it out/empty, then wipe it down with the damp towel I'm using for dusting the rest of the interior.

Two thumbs up!