Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

viper smart start remote start system

Old 01-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
stang88 is on a distinguished road
stang88's Tacoma Gallery
viper smart start remote start system

i musta say.. this thing is the shit.. its the best thing next to my 09 dc

since i am an installer it ddint take me but 10 min to install this.. just power and ground.. plug into my compatible system... activate it.. and bam!!! remtoe start from my iphone.. will also work with an ipod touch.

even tho its made by viper you can use it on a python system just like i did...

i already had the python 991 so my system was already compatible.. you can refer to dei site www.viper.com/smartstart
for products that are compatible....

but this piece just plain kicks ass.... as long as you have cell signal.. or wifi on a ipod touch.. then it works!!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #5
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post
The 5902 does. I think he's just talkin about the smartstart module though in the original post.
Yeah I know that. You can add a module if you have a Viper system capable of adding the smart start. I was wondering if the package as a whole, on your iphone, will it send you a message if your alarm is set off.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #6
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
sorry I misunderstood the question. I think it will...I downloaded the iphone app the other day just to play with it until I get the smartstart installed, and it has an "alerts" tab, which makes me think it buzzes you if your push notifications are turned on.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Yeah, I've been looking for an answer to this question but I havent found it anywhere. I know it will confirm that the vehicle has been started. But I find it more important to me if the alarm is going off too. If it has this, then I'm sold. All I have to do is save up the $$ for the alarm and the install.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya. I'm mainly interested in it b/c it can lock and, more importantly, unlock the truck. My dogs locked me out of my old truck by stepping on the button with the keys in the ignition and the truck running several months ago....smartstart would make sure that wasn't an issue should it happen again!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #9
CPM.boomer is on a distinguished road
Name: Dylan
CPM.boomer's Tacoma Gallery
Nuuub

How much For the viper smart start system
Old 01-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
Displaced Texan

$499+tax includes install. That is only for the keyless entry setup I believe. The alarm systems are going to run you more if I am correct. Anyone else feel free to chime in.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I have one, but the guy i bought my truck from had it installed. He lost one of the remotes and the other one was like dropped in the water. Can I send the one I have to whoever and they'll send me a new one? Also is it that cool? never used it.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:17 PM   #13
derk is on a distinguished road
derk's Tacoma Gallery
Remote starts can be a major install from my experience. I got a deal on a CrimeGuard 850i for about $130. From what I found on 2005 up Tacos they have dual Accessory and ignition wires that need to be tapped into with relays. Then the biggest hassle is getting a key box, or ignition box that over rides the factory ignition cut. As you know you need the key with a chip to start the car.

What wires did you connect to (main ones for remote starting and how many relays did you use?). Plus did you have to use a box to override the key issue?

I hooked my alarm up but left out the remote start as I did not want to cut into the major ignition wires. It's worked great as an alarm which is why I bought it, I did not really need a RS.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:44 AM   #14
starbai is on a distinguished road
starbai's Tacoma Gallery
I spoke to DEI customer service a few months ago and they said the app still doesn't have push notifications to let you know if the alarm goes off.

Thats the best use of this I can tell, if you're in a mall or a movie theatre and out of range of the car with your key fob remote... the iphone can step in and let you know your car alarm is going off.

They didn't have an ETA on it for me back then but said it was coming... anyone know when that will be a functional feature?