Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Hook-Ups the Dirtbike Solution

Old 01-13-2010, 04:47 PM   #1
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Hook-Ups the Dirtbike Solution

I recently went into the local shop to purchase a "bedbuddy", but when i got there i was informed that it wouldnt work with a tacoma with the plastic bed. I was bummed out when a guy in the store told me about this machine shop about 20 minutes away that made a tie down point for the tacomas. i go to the shop and both the guys ride and are supernice and hand me this 3 pound bag of 2 quarter inch steel plates and the fittings. I was thinking that the factory bed Rails would bend, but the smart thing they did was to use both, the one on the bedside and the one on the back of the cab. Overall these things are a great buy-- super strong and durable and i feel they will never need to come off they were 50 bucks and heres the link
Jpmetalfab.com

Old 01-13-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
SWEET!
thanks for sharing!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Using the stock plastic tie downs did make me nervous.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea they did the first time i used them too, so i put a giant washer on the bottom of the bed and stuck a d ring kind of thing in the middle drain hole
Old 01-18-2010, 03:47 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ordered a set.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
WOW. That's badass.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
This is a great idea! Definitely need to look into these
Old 01-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #8
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
very nice idea! Thanks for sharing the pics and link
Old 01-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #9
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! Im gonna have to fab some up like these when I get a new bike...
Old 01-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #10
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just got mine in the mail today. Thought about building some but you can't really beat the price with the powdercoating and all. They are very nice.
I would say I would post some pics but they would just look identical to the OPs.
Thanks again KTMRIDER.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:34 PM   #11

glad you liked them were yours pretty easy to install
Old 01-24-2010, 03:31 PM   #12
I feel so Devo

just put them on, very easy to install... took me longer to find my 1/2" wrench to tighten the bolts down than it did to put them on
Old 01-31-2010, 09:35 AM   #13
I feel so Devo

I wonder if they would sell just some of the aluminum t-nuts... those would be super handy to have laying around for making a hi-lift jack mount and stuff like that... gonna have to ask them.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #14
Railwayrog is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Retired Chief Electricians Mate
Railwayrog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
I recently went into the local shop to purchase a "bedbuddy", but when i got there i was informed that it wouldnt work with a tacoma with the plastic bed.
I bolted a Box Bar to my bed with the use of a backing plate. I been hauling two bikes around with no problems or damage to the bed.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #15

that works too
Old 01-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #16
Turning the knob from H2 to H4/L4
Poke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to all

Poke Tako's Tacoma Gallery
Other than using the d-rings onto the bed bolts this is a clever gadget. Thanks for sharing ktmrider.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #17
taco bueno is on a distinguished road
taco bueno's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the great ideas I like corner bracket idea!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:57 AM   #18
Banned
Mine still work great. They hold my quad in well I just need better straps.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #19
Deathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant futureDeathbeard has a brilliant future

Deathbeard's Tacoma Gallery
kick ass
Old 04-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #20
bronkin is on a distinguished road

Army: 3rd Battalion, 34th Armor
bronkin's Tacoma Gallery
I installed mine last night - great quality and I love the corner tie downs!