1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Finding the right cap or canopy

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by str8away, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Jan 30, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    str8away

str8away [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Sport
    Anybody have any info or advice for finding a good fitting canopy. Have trouble finding a cap for a reg cab 2009 4x4.

2. Mar 11, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    tuckr2

tuckr2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver dbl cab LB 4x4 It's Purdy too!
    LT265/70/17 BFG A/T's, Disabled Seat Belt Buzzer, Black and Gray Covercraft Seat Covers front and rear, Matching SnugTop Supersport Canopy, undercoat, bed mat, window vent shades. Black Weathertech Liners. Trans TSB, Rear Spring TSB Installed.
    Personally, I like my SnugTop. Top of the line Cap. Bought mine used on Craigslist for 600 bucks + another 250 for color match. Cap was originally black.
    New price on one runs 1800 - 2400 bucks depending on the model and how equipped. You can check my profile pics if you want to see it.
    I have heard good and bad about Leer. Seems to depend on where the Cap was built.
    Good luck. Ken:cool:

3. Mar 12, 2010 at 8:02 AM
    infidel

infidel Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4x4
    Lock-N-Roll bed cover Nerf Bars
    I went with the Roll n Lock so I could still use the bed to haul stuff $900

4. Mar 27, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    Step #1 - Find out what manufactures are available in your area. Search the web for Leer, ARE, Snug Top, Century, etc. Use the web sites to find what dealers are in your area.

Step #2 - Look at the product line each manufacturer has to offer along with the accessories and options.

Step #3 - Once you think you know what you want, contact via the local dealers for pricing and go from there.

I have a Leer 100XQ and really like it. It fits like a glove and the color match is nothing short of perfection. The XQ is their top of the line cap. I got mine in 10/08 for $1,60 installed incluiding a removable back window.

Also check the manufacturers websites for coupons/discounts. I got a $75 coupon off of the Leer website that paid for my removable rear window.

Products Discussed in

To Top