Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Westin Platinum black nerf bars

Old 02-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #1
laneuiowa77 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
laneuiowa77's Tacoma Gallery
Westin Platinum black nerf bars

I am looking to add Westin Platinum 3" Round Black nerf bars. I don't like the extra brackets between the bends (place for salt and mud to collect and doesn't look as good). I prefer a mounting location only at the ends, but maybe that isn't strong enough on long bars. Any comments on this nerf bar or a better option?
Thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #2
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a pic or link so we can see what they look like?

I just installed a set of black 4" oval Aires step bars on my DC and really like them.

I'd buy them again, but I'd get the 3" oval instead. The 4" is a bit oversided for the Tacoma IMO.

I picked them up at realtruck.com on sale for $226.00 shipped. The regular price is about $250 I think.

http://www.realtruck.com/aries_oval_...008Y608MA.html

They bolt right up to the factory mounting points. Real simple to install.