Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Short Throw Shift Kit 4.0 V6 6-Speed TRD vs. URD

Old 02-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
bkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to behold
Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Brandon
bkthompson6's Tacoma Gallery
Short Throw Shift Kit 4.0 V6 6-Speed TRD vs. URD

So I am getting ready to buy a short throw shifter. URD = $149.00 w/$9.75 shipping. TRD = $295.00 w/$17.60 shipping. Why such a price difference? Any recommendations on which one i should get? I dont have a warranty so I'm not worried about that. Obviously I'm leaning towards the cheaper one but should I not be? please advise
Old 02-23-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
Bellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shedBellis is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
i like my urd
Old 02-23-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
bkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to beholdbkthompson6 is a splendid one to behold
Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Brandon
bkthompson6's Tacoma Gallery
Is it a pretty big difference? I've heard it almost "clicks" into gear, true?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:59 PM   #4
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
I like my URD. smaller guys/girls and people that haven't driving the truck before may find it a little difficult to get into reverse. I use the kinda slap it over to the left technique. The URD has a spacer that actually makes the lever stick up ~3/4" higher... virtually unnoticeable. and the throw is way less. Can pretty much leave my elbow on the center console and shift with my wrist now. It's my understanding that the TRD has a different setup. I like mine and see no reason to spend more money though! Shifts feel much more crisp and precise.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
pretty much what brian07sport said.
I have the URD and it is great.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #6
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Having drivin with the URD and TRD the TRD is a better feel when shifting and you don't have to work to get it into reverse. Its worth to pay the extra for the TRD.