Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Volant Cold Air Intakes??????

Old 03-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Volant Cold Air Intakes??????

Hey Does Anyone Know Much About This brand? I really like the look just dont know how the fit and finish is when installing is it good quality? Also going for the ram air tube that goes to the grill as well any help would be great guys!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Bump because i need help anyone out there earth to tw!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well just go with the rest of the world, don't waste your money just buy the damn afe pro dry s filter. Not worth spending that much money imho
Old 03-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
i know i have seen one

...I found it
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...72s-build.html
Old 03-19-2010, 11:11 PM   #5

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Well just go with the rest of the world, don't waste your money just buy the damn afe pro dry s filter. Not worth spending that much money imho
I Dont Like The Afe Because it is not inclosed box!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:13 PM   #6
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
I Dont Like The Afe Because it is not inclosed box!
i think he is just talking about the drop in in the stock intake. Also isnt the only spot not boxed the very bottom of the intake, whats with that?
Old 03-19-2010, 11:17 PM   #7

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
i know i have seen one

...I found it
Thanks man i think i am going with this hole set up got to try and save on gas money in vegas 91 oct is 3.08 its kicking my ass that and a tonnaeu cover will hopefully help!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #8

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i think he is just talking about the drop in in the stock intake. Also isnt the only spot not boxed the very bottom of the intake, whats with that?
I Dont think so the volant is 100% inclosed and goes to the fender hole and also has the ram air tube hole for fresh air fron the front of the grill that will help i think!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Threads all opver the place about this. Very few aftermarket cai actually help if not they make things worse. And yes thanks ktmrider I was talking about drop in filter
Old 03-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #10

MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Threads all opver the place about this. Very few aftermarket cai actually help if not they make things worse. And yes thanks ktmrider I was talking about drop in filter
I Have The k&n filter just think that the intake will help!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #11
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Volant intake with the ram air.
It gets pricey. I upgraded the filter to a dry one for $50 from URD. I still need to buy the Mass Air Flow Calibrator to get good power from it. so that's another $250. I also have a CEL for my MAF sensor and I think its because of my intake
Old 03-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #12
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i know i have seen one

...I found it
he's done alot to his engine for power management. He probalby gets more out of his intake becasue it compliments all the other upgrades. like the headers, exaust cams and new ECU.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #13
Almost there

ya good point david, totally forgot about that! to get the real benefits from intakes and exhaust mods you also need to take into account that with more air going through the system the fuel addition will be off. then your gonna have to spend 250+ for the calibrator!
Old 03-20-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Sockmonkey has one. PM him and ask him about it.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #15
BBell is on a distinguished road

Name: B
BBell's Tacoma Gallery
Volant CAI

Anyone have a current review on the Volant CAI with scoop? Incresed performance? Gas mileage? Other mods suggested besides MAF sensor?

I have a 2013 Taco TX and am looking to spend some money.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #16
P33Rob is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry 2nd ID, 4th ID, 10th MTN
Name: Rob
P33Rob's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine i have the scoop and the 100k mi dry filter never needs cleaning but if it does i will blow it out with air compressor. I am glad I have it, it makes better sound. I have the dash dyno gauge reader and air intake temp went from temp being ten degrees hotter than the mirror temp to exactly what the outside temp is. So a decrease of ten degrees cooler air going into the engine. This was seen from temps of 90° all the way down to today at 23° it is always the exact temp as the outside. It took me from 18 mpg to 21 mpg then I put the TRD exhaust on and it went back to 20 mpg. I feel a mild increase in power not enough to note I would say it accelerates quicker it the top end of the rpm range. Makes my engine bay look bad ass!

Any questions feel free to pm and I will try to post pics over the weekend.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #17
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Don't have the Volant intake but I do have the Volant Air scoop for my AFE CAI Stage 2 SI. Love it All setup for the maf calibrator and TRD blower down the down road