Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Advantage TorzaTop Review

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #21
NAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant future

Air Force: 12th Missile Sq
NAYo2002's Tacoma Gallery
Pop n' Lock installed

I just installed PL5300... the "huge trunk" build complete

Old 07-24-2010, 10:58 AM   #22
NAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant futureNAYo2002 has a brilliant future

Just an update. 3 months later and after 7 automatic carwashes with spay-wax option, it still looks great. All I used on it was 303 after each carwash.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #24
Wrangler Convert
sixdoubleseven will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
sixdoubleseven's Tacoma Gallery
Check your craigslist. I found mine on it for very short money.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #25
tommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud of
tommyxv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdoubleseven View Post
Got the top installed - need to give it a cleaning this week. Thanks for the help NAYo.

I noticed that the edges do not lay flat on yours... in the install video it said they there is an extra piece of vinyl stitched in to keep it flat.

Is this cover an older model?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:37 PM   #26
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyxv View Post
I noticed that the edges do not lay flat on yours... in the install video it said they there is an extra piece of vinyl stitched in to keep it flat.

Is this cover an older model?
There is a white plastic 'thing' that's underneath the vinyl to help keep it flat. Atleast I remember seeing it before on mine (mine is about 2 years old).

However.... Those tops are packed folded up. Which means...the plastic and vinyl are folded up. So, it's not gonna be straight after you unfold it. Give it a few days under the sun and it'l flatten out.

Each time you fold the cover - you're gonna have a buldge there for a short period of time until it flattens itself out again.

Here's a picture of mine after its 'flattened out'
Old 09-29-2010, 12:33 AM   #27
tommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud oftommyxv has much to be proud of
tommyxv's Tacoma Gallery
Ok...I read that he may of had an older model since the way it clamps was different then the other guys. I am torn between these three...

Advantage Hard Hat Torza
Advantage Torza
Extang Trifecta

And then there is Vinyl or the Premiere Fabric, but I decided on the Vinyl as I think it is easier to keep clean.

Decisions decision... theses are all probably good. And from what I read I can still use the bed rails system on all 3 of them, so I really just have to decided and buy it.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:47 AM   #28

Quote:
Ok...I read that he may of had an older model since the way it clamps was different then the other guys. I am torn between these three...

Advantage Hard Hat Torza
Advantage Torza
Extang Trifecta

And then there is Vinyl or the Premiere Fabric, but I decided on the Vinyl as I think it is easier to keep clean.

Decisions decision... theses are all probably good. And from what I read I can still use the bed rails system on all 3 of them, so I really just have to decided and buy it.
The reason I didn't go with the Trifecta was because it's clamps are spring loaded instead of a twist design. They have a lot of flex/play for someone to get their hand in and open the cover without cutting/breaking anything. However, this spring action also makes them little easier to put on/off.

That said, the best security feature of these covers is the fact that they cover up your bed. People don't steal stuff they can't see.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #29
tommyxv's Tacoma Gallery
The best price i can find for the Advantage Hard Hat Torza is $561.95 at buyautotruckaccessories.com. Cheaper else where?

UPDATE: I whipped out the CC and bought it. Free shipping!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:11 AM   #30
Wrangler Convert

Thumbs up

TommyXV, regarding the sides of the top in my picture - it must have just been un-flipped. I took a look yesterday morning and the top was perfectly flat.

I am still impressed with this thing. It is quite convenient and very simple and quick to use.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #31
tommyxv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixdoubleseven View Post
TommyXV, regarding the sides of the top in my picture - it must have just been un-flipped. I took a look yesterday morning and the top was perfectly flat.

I am still impressed with this thing. It is quite convenient and very simple and quick to use.
Cool, I'm glad I got it. Looks like the best cover for me. I got the hard hat so that nothing would poke up through it. LOL
Old 10-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #32
Hi. My name is Gizzy.
gizzygone is on a distinguished road
gizzygone's Tacoma Gallery
Can anybody give me an update as to how the Advantage covers are holding up???

I'm in the market for a tonneau for the winter months, and a Tri-Fold seems best for my needs (I don't want rails lingering around)

A solid cover is an option too, but I prefer an open bed in the summer months and solid covers seem difficult to store...
Old 10-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzygone View Post
Mine is holding up fine. It gets dusty since I drive on a lot of dirt/gravel roads but looks new again after going through a car wash and finishing off with 303 protectant.

It held up to snow/rain storms better than I had expected from a soft fold. There's no sign of wear or sagging since it's purchase.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #34
Wrangler Convert

Quote:

I'm in the market for a tonneau for the winter months, and a Tri-Fold seems best for my needs (I don't want rails lingering around)

A solid cover is an option too, but I prefer an open bed in the summer months and solid covers seem difficult to store...

Gizzy, I'm in Stoughton. I've had the top since April, so no winters yet - but I did buy the top used on Craigslist. You're welcome to check it out in person if you want to see the fit and finish.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #35
tommyxv's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Hard Top version, been on for about 1 week. Quality all the way!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #36
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is good after a year.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:57 AM   #37
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Had mine for 2+ years. Still looks good & functions the same as new.

I keep it clean and once in a while I apply a vinyl protectant to it - but that's it.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #38
Hi. My name is Gizzy.
gizzygone is on a distinguished road
gizzygone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The best price i can find for the Advantage Hard Hat Torza is $561.95 at buyautotruckaccessories.com. Cheaper else where?

UPDATE: I whipped out the CC and bought it. Free shipping!
Any issues receiving your top??? I'm trying to find a reputable site to purchase from, but they all seem shady...
Old 08-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #39
ohioartguy is on a distinguished road
ohioartguy's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered a Torza today from Autoanything. I originally ordered a Tonno Pro and it was backordered for a month. Sooo....I called up autoanything and asked what they could do. The Service Rep said he could set me up with the Torza, which he fealt was a better product, and discount it 20% for the hassle. Also noted, the Torza is 2 MILS thicker than the Tonno Pro. Guess it all worked out. Will post up with some feedback after use. Thanks to NAYo for the posts. Helped in the decision.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:42 PM   #40
ohioartguy is on a distinguished road
ohioartguy's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I finally received my torza top and Tacoma bed mat. I have to say that I am extremely pleased with both. The top can be put on and taken off in minutes. The trifold is a bonus and it has 2 more MIL of material than others making it sturdier. It is not completely watertight, however it only lets in drops which quickly drain to the holes of the bed. Just had a rain storm last night and only drops. I haven't noticed any vibrating sounds as some others have commented on, we'll see when I get the Taco rolling on the speedway. Overall, a highly suggested product. Very well built and excellent customer service. Ordered from Autoanything for around $320.00. Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in this Thread