Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Advantage TorzaTop Review

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #41
RideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to beholdRideFast is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
RideFast's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice!
did you get the 8oz vinyl or the 18oz ragtop?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #42
dahumphries is on a distinguished road
Name: Ric
dahumphries's Tacoma Gallery
NAYo2002 (or anyone)

Quick question...in the 2nd photo of your original post, it looks like there's a huge gap between the cover and tailgate. Am I interpreting this correctly? If so, how much leakage problems have you had with it? I'm getting ready to purchase the Hard Hat Premier which is constructed on the same frame/fitting as yours. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

v/r,
Ric
Old 11-30-2011, 07:28 PM   #43
ohioartguy is on a distinguished road
ohioartguy's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the top for about six months now. There have been no problems with leakage. There is a rubber gasket that seals the tailgate. The only time I get water is on both corners of the bed closest to the cab when it is poring sideways or in a high pressure car wash. Love the top. Have the 8oz. Vinyl.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #44
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I have the Advantage Hard Hat. There is no leakage except during a sideways rainstorm and it is minimal at that. There is a set of clamps on that first section closest to the tailgate that holds the section down tightly to the bed rail. You can position the tonneau a little forward or backwards, whatever your preference. It allows me to make sure the entire top of the tailgate is covered. I would give the Hard Hat 5 stars. - couldn't be happier with the purchase.

After I had it for a couple weeks, I ordered a Pop n Lock for the tailgate. Since I knew how easy it was to remove the cover, I started getting a little paranoid when parked at a public lot.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #45
Steve0ct is on a distinguished road
Steve0ct's Tacoma Gallery
Remove plastic piece?

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2011 TRD Sport Long Bed last week.

I am looking into getting a tonneau and was recommended the Torza by my dealer.

I read through the review and have a question regarding the top and having to remove the piece of plastic from the factory bed rail.

Is this necessary on the long bed? Is there anyway someone could post a pic of exactly what needs to be removed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve
Old 01-19-2012, 02:10 PM   #46
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Removing the plastic piece is not necessary for the long bed.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0ct View Post
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just bought a 2011 TRD Sport Long Bed last week.

...and welcome to the forum, Steve! Enjoy your 2011 TRD DCLB Sport. That's the same one I have. Go it 16 months ago and couldn't be happier. Don't spent too much time on this forum unless you are willing to get the mod bug
Old 01-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #48
Thanks

Thanks for the info and the welcome! So far so good on the truck. I do have a flutter that sounds like an exhaust leak when accelerating. Dealer says its normal. Sounds a little to loud to be normal!

Thanks again.

-Steve
Old 01-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #49
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
I looked on their site and this apparantly is only availiable in short beds, lame! I really was liking this tonneau, is there any loopholes around this? I hate to have to call them since I know I am going to be talking to a damn audio machine, does anyone have one on a Access Cab with the long bed?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post
I looked on their site and this apparantly is only availiable in short beds, lame! I really was liking this tonneau, is there any loopholes around this? I hate to have to call them since I know I am going to be talking to a damn audio machine, does anyone have one on a Access Cab with the long bed?
Check out Auto Anything. I'm fairly certain this is available for long bed. I'm actually thinking about getting one. I can decide if I want a tri-fold or a roll-up.

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-...0A3442893.aspx
Old 02-03-2012, 11:01 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011TacomaSR5 View Post

Actually not true. I have a DCLB and I have the HardHat which is pretty much the same thing. When you to to AutoAnything for example, put in your model and then it will ask for a submodel. That's where you can choose Short Bed (5') or Standard Bed (6'). The Standard Bed is of course equivalent to the Tacoma Long Bed.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #52
I just received my torza top and can't seem to figure out the clamping mechanism.

Does the part that clamps to the rail go inside the rail, like where the factory tie down would go?

I'm really frustrated and ready to send it back.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Also, where does the weather stripping go?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 02-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0ct View Post
I just received my torza top and can't seem to figure out the clamping mechanism.

Does the part that clamps to the rail go inside the rail, like where the factory tie down would go?

I'm really frustrated and ready to send it back.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Also, where does the weather stripping go?

Thanks,

Steve
That was a bit confusing for me as well. Then I saw the videos on YouTube which showed clearly what to do. Give them a try that should help.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:16 AM   #54
Thanks for the reply. After looking at the videos again, it looks as though I was making too much out of the install. I was in the bed of the truck, laying on my back trying to use the clamps.

I think another mistake was reading the directions!

I will try the install again after work today.

Thank you again,

Steve
Old 02-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #55
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Yea no need to get in the bed of the truck! Simple installation I can have mine completely on or off in a minute or two.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #56

I know what he's talking about though. When I got mine, I sat in the driveway looking at the directions and trying for about 30 minutes. I finally gave in and looked at YouTube when it looked like it would start raining. Within 5 minutes of watching the video, I was good-to-go. Once I realized how easy it was, I was left scratching my head wondering WTF I couldn't figure it out.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #57
dahumphries is on a distinguished road
Name: Ric
dahumphries's Tacoma Gallery
Just a quick question...I received my Torza Hard Hat Premier cover (and absolutely LOVE it), but one of the clamping handles works differently than the others. Three clamp down parallel (same direction as) to the bedliner, while the oddity clamps down perpendicular. Does anyone know if it's supposed to be this way? It works (clamps), but just seems strange. Thanks in advance!

v/r,
Ric
Old 02-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #58

PS - I didn't use the weatherstrip. Haven't had any leaks and didn't seem necessary. I do install the tonneau slightly towards the rear edge instead of the front edge, if that makes sense.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins_cc View Post
PS - I didn't use the weatherstrip. Haven't had any leaks and didn't seem necessary. I do install the tonneau slightly towards the rear edge instead of the front edge, if that makes sense.
That does make sens!

Thanks for the continued replies.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #60
Finally! Success! Seems like a nice cover now that it's on!

Thanks again everyone.

Products Discussed in this Thread