Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Review:IPF 968CSG Driving Lights

Old 04-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #1
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Review:IPF 968CSG Driving Lights

Just installed 4 of these lights a few weeks ago and have gotten a few PM's on how they are quality wise and their performance.

I gotta say these are some high quality lights for the price. You can find them online or from any ARB dealer. Average price I found was about $150/pair.

They come with 2 sets of H3 Halogen Bulbs (55w and 100w). I never installed the 55w but the 100w are very bright and noticeable even with my HID 55w headlights turned on.

Some have compared these to the Hella 500 lights because they are comparable in size and both have plastic housings but I have had both and these IPF's beat them in brightness and quality.

Specs from the website:

Features
- High impact, black resin body
- 55W & 100W halogen bulbs included
- Polished, hardened glass lens
- Multi function reflector
- Multi direction mounting system

Dimensions
- 7"H x 6.5"W x 3"D

Complete light kit included:
- 2 lights with connectors
- Complete snap together wiring loom & relay
- Mouse style switch
- Black Protective Grilles

...and on with the pics.

Stay tuned for more pics!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

(continued)

The lights come with the IPF black grilles but they just slip-on over the housing of the light. If someone wanted to steal them they could with very minimal force and little time. You also have to worry about wind ripping them off so I had to come up with a way to secure them on.

I searched my local Lowes and found these screw covers.

As you can see in this pic the screw that holds the glass lens into the body of light is visible with the black grille on.

Take the screws out and put them into the screw covers.

...then reinstall the screws back into the lights with the screw covers on. Tighten them down snug and you have a secured light grille. The screw cover is just big enough to clamp onto the grille clips without damaging or scratching the grille covers.

The cap closes hiding the screw head. The screw covers are very difficult to open so I am thinking the only way to take them off is to cut off the head of the cap cover. Good thing they're only .68/pair!

A couple pics of the finished product. Looks like it came from the factory with these screw covers!

Old 04-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Don't go off ninjin
TacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: AMMO
Name: Daniel
TacomaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Wow those look really nice and high quality. Do you have pics of the wiring situation? Relays, fuses, switch?
Old 04-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDan View Post
Wow those look really nice and high quality. Do you have pics of the wiring situation? Relays, fuses, switch?
I don't have any pics yet because I am getting ready to install an Auxillary Fuse Block but everything is "plug and play" and the lights come with some decent instructions on how to install them.

I will get some pics up once I am completely finished.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
Don't go off ninjin
TacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thats awesome. You gonna post the AUX fuse block in your build? I'd like to see thatas that is a future mod because I dislike tapping into the existing fuse block with those add a circut things. Keep me posted!
Old 04-30-2010, 10:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDan View Post
Thats awesome. You gonna post the AUX fuse block in your build? I'd like to see thatas that is a future mod because I dislike tapping into the existing fuse block with those add a circut things. Keep me posted!
Yeah, I sure will. Just subscribe to my build and you will get the update. I have everything I need, just need to find the time.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
Don't go off ninjin
Ya time is a biotch to find... Well good luck and consider me subscribed!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
jefossas is on a distinguished road
jefossas's Tacoma Gallery
Light bar brand

I'm in the process of installing a light bar on my tacoma. I like the system you installed. Where can I buy the bar that you installed? Thank you, JEFossas
Old 12-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #9

It's a N Fab light bar but I had it coated with Line-x. Do a quick google search and they'll be plenty of websites that carry this lightbar.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Got any pics from inside the truck with all lights on?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_TACO View Post
Got any pics from inside the truck with all lights on?
No, I never did get pics from inside my truck

I actually only had these lights for a few months then decided I needed bigger lights. I upgraded to 8" IPF 130w driving lights.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #12
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
To 4 of them?

Seems like that'd be a lot of draw on your alternator (130W x4 = 540W, plus 55W headlights, plus theoretically 42W fogs).