Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

good winches????

Old 05-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
good winches????

had a rough weekend...and now i need a winch....anyone know what i should look for.....]i want it to mount to the trailer hitch
Old 05-24-2010, 03:26 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bump
Old 05-24-2010, 04:14 AM   #3
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
I remember seeing a 2k winch in a frame that would mount to your hitch, I want to say it was at Tsc or grainger. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
BIG DADDY

anyone else????? no one has or uses winchs on here.....dam i must wheel harder than the rest of you...........j/k
daytime crew??????
Old 05-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with at least a 9000Ibs winch. Warn is arguably the best but if you arnt gonna use it every weekend i would go with a cheaper one. Their are a couple companies out their that make a mount that slides in the reciver.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Go with a Warn XD9000i multi mount. I just sold mine to go in a different direction, but it was a great winch and never let me down!!! Warn FTMFW!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
BIG DADDY

9000lbs will be ok for our trucks in extream situations????
yes and i am only a weekend warrior....
man did i need a winch this past weekend had to walk 10+ miles just to find another living person.....and by chance he had a winch and was a great guy...
he pulled me out of a 4 foot deep ditch when my back wheels were off the ground and laying on my sliders....like butter with his winch but i forgot to ask what kind he had.....
it was a jeep that helped me out.....
so now i need one....a winch not a jeep ....
Old 05-24-2010, 11:43 AM   #8
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Go with a Warn XD9000i multi mount. I just sold mine to go in a different direction, but it was a great winch and never let me down!!! Warn FTMFW!
what direction are you going in????
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #9
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
what direction are you going in????
dual winches... going with permanent front bumper and rear frame mounted winch setup.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #10
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
9000lbs will be ok for our trucks in extream situations????
yes and i am only a weekend warrior....
man did i need a winch this past weekend had to walk 10+ miles just to find another living person.....and be chance he had a winch and was a great guy...
he pulled me out of a 4 foot deep ditch when my back wheels were off the ground and laying on my sliders....like butter with his winch but i forgot to ask what kind he had.....
it was a jeep that helped me out.....
so now i need one

It all depends on what you want to spend and what kind of wheelin you do. I had a 10500 winch on an f-250 and burnt it up. The truck was only alittle over 5000 pounds. Bigger is always better when it comes to winches. If you think you will be doin long pulls and getting really stuck i would go bigger.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #11

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dual winches... going with permanent front bumper and rear frame mounted winch setup.

Nice.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #12

you can just buy a snatch block and easily double the pulling power of the winch. 8000-9000lbs should be fine with a block for extreme stucks.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #13

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you can just buy a snatch block and easily double the pulling power of the winch. 8000-9000lbs should be fine with a block for extreme stucks.

True. I used play in real deep mud and their wasnt much around to pull on so i couldnt do that.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #14
tacoma44x44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jamie
tacoma44x44's Tacoma Gallery
Smittybilt XRC 8 Winch in my opinion. I have one and i'm like u just the weekend offroader. Works awesome never had a problem with it. And u can pick one up for around $400 bucks.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #15
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Warn if you're going to use it regularly, and yes, you want a 9000lb one.

I recently picked up a Superwinch 9000lb jobbie. It was a deal I couldn't pass up and I have it mounted to a plate that mounts to any 2" receiver.

I bought it mainly to pull my Tacoma onto the trailer in the event it's not under its own power or unable to roll. Welded a rear-facing 2" receiver to the front of the trailer deck and power comes from the tow vehicle.

Got any pics of your stuck?
Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 PM   #16
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you also get a snatch block and lots of straps too.

Some pictures of my buddy's Warn winch self-recovery from the last time I was wheeling:

Old 05-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #17
BIG DADDY

wow thats nuts i hope i dont need it for that....lol
i was looking at the warn m8000 its like $530 the xd9000i is way to much for me
any other recomendations
this is for the once in a while stupid moments i have on weekends
not for every day use
Old 05-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #18

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
I just saw a winch receiver mount in harbor freight rated for 9000ibs for $30. they also have some really cheap 8000 and 10000ibl winchs for 300 and 400 but im not sure how good they are.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #20

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wow thats nuts i hope i dont need it for that....lol
i was looking at the warn m8000 its like $530 the xd9000i is way to much for me
any other recomendations
this is for the once in a while stupid moments i have on weekends
not for every day use
That's a great price for a Warn winch.

This is what I picked up. $525 from Amazon. The mounting cradle is $185 but VERY solid.
http://www.amazon.com/Superwinch-090...4737658&sr=8-2