LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Fabtech: Yay or Nae?

View Poll Results: Would you run Fabtech suspension on your truck?
I already do and love it! 42 12.17%
YES! 79 22.90%
Indecisive 102 29.57%
HELL NO! 122 35.36%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #121
lightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant futurelightmup has a brilliant future

lightmup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenguy3 View Post
So what set up can you get the highest lift with without going LT and replacing fenders and all that? and cost wise? most clearance...if money is no object...
Look at allpro LT you can run 33-12.50 without changing your fenders. Other than that drop bracket lift is the way to go if you don't want to change your fenders. Although you will have to trim your fenders a little either way. All these guys saying you cant wheel hard core offroad with a DB lift are up in the night and the only place you get more clearance on a 3" lift is your front end under your pumpkin and even then not much more everywhere else like approach angle departure angle and between a the front and rear axles you have 3 more inches of clearance. Full LT is always going to kick ass over DB or 3" coils if you want to hall ass in the desert and even some Rock crawling but even them there is trade offs alinement will never be the same with LT. you will need to strengthen every thing frame, spindles,upper shock mount that is if you want to really use it to its potential IE. Camburg, Total Chaos. I think allpro is a good in-between kit not to aggressive doesn't screw with alinement as much and you can still rock crawl because its only 2" wider on each side. For a non go fast desert person the DB is the best for both worlds
check out lightmup2 on youtube it shows how well a DB lifted taco can do on the rocks and and in the dunes. If you want to get really crazy on the rocks do a SAS. Hole crap that was a long rant sorry hopefully it helped a little.
DB baby totally capable!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #122
John Cheong is on a distinguished road

Name: John
John Cheong's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 3.5" coil over lift on mine and its the stiffest and roughest ride ive ever been in. i cant wait until i can have some money to get em out of there
Old 03-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #123
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Fagtech
Old 03-21-2012, 05:48 AM   #124
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Fagtech
What are you, 12? Very mature. Did daddy leave his computer on?
Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 AM   #125
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
You CANNOT run All Pro LT with 33's without fiberglass fenders. If you get out there and actually use the travel it will bash your stock fenders like a retard on a drum on a set.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:54 AM   #126
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootbro View Post
At least he knows his daddy.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #127
661prerunner has a spectacular aura about661prerunner has a spectacular aura about

661prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I have fab tech and I guess for what I use them for the okay but I wouldn't use them again. For the money I'd rather get something else.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #128
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootbro View Post
No I am not 12. I'm expressing my hatred towards the company. I'm allowed to do that. This is the internets.....as it's said in uhmerickah, Freedom of Speech! Fawk yeah!

I'd imagine you should have realised this by age 44.

To go back on topic. Fabtech sucks! Perhaps it's suitable for you to go to the malls, but their products are rubbish in general. I'd never run their shit.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #129
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightmup View Post
Look at allpro LT you can run 33-12.50 without changing your fenders. Other than that drop bracket lift is the way to go if you don't want to change your fenders. Although you will have to trim your fenders a little either way. All these guys saying you cant wheel hard core offroad with a DB lift are up in the night and the only place you get more clearance on a 3" lift is your front end under your pumpkin and even then not much more everywhere else like approach angle departure angle and between a the front and rear axles you have 3 more inches of clearance. Full LT is always going to kick ass over DB or 3" coils if you want to hall ass in the desert and even some Rock crawling but even them there is trade offs alinement will never be the same with LT. you will need to strengthen every thing frame, spindles,upper shock mount that is if you want to really use it to its potential IE. Camburg, Total Chaos. I think allpro is a good in-between kit not to aggressive doesn't screw with alinement as much and you can still rock crawl because its only 2" wider on each side. For a non go fast desert person the DB is the best for both worlds
check out lightmup2 on youtube it shows how well a DB lifted taco can do on the rocks and and in the dunes. If you want to get really crazy on the rocks do a SAS. Hole crap that was a long rant sorry hopefully it helped a little.
DB baby totally capable!

Not true, my alignment is dead on. If I hit something hard enough to knock it out it would fold your DB lift like a lawn chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Fagtech
X2
Old 05-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #130
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
80K trouble free miles on my Fabtech lift....it's a big steaming pile o shit...
Old 05-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #131
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just going to say are you going to take advice on offroading by the guy with the 20 in rims (lightmup) or jd cr250jumper just look at his Sig I don't need to say anymore
Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #132
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by precoma View Post
I'm just going to say are you going to take advice on offroading by the guy with the 20 in rims (lightmup) or jd cr250jumper just look at his Sig I don't need to say anymore
Lol I have to admit the "lawn chair" came from Logan (username)
Old 05-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #133
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Lol I have to admit the "lawn chair" came from Logan (username)
Lulz yeah that was good though
Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #134
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
DB baby totally capable!

Sick!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:36 AM   #135
Ryan87 is on a distinguished road

Ryan87's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 6" fabtech on my Yukon a whole back and I hated it! Felt like it was lifted with bricks! Also same thing with my friends f150 that had the fabtech👎
Old 07-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #136
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
113 people have never used a fabtech...
Old 08-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #138
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
DB baby totally capable!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #140
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
He gets paid for that truck jump by Toyota so I wanted bash too hard..I dont think any of us can say that lol