LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

Fabtech: Yay or Nae?

View Poll Results: Would you run Fabtech suspension on your truck?
I already do and love it! 42 12.17%
YES! 79 22.90%
Indecisive 102 29.57%
HELL NO! 122 35.36%
Voters: 345. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
Question Fabtech: Yay or Nae?

I'm just kind of curious what the general consensus is about Fabtech. Yay or nae?

I personally think that they are only good for making trucks look like they can be ran offroad and for having a pretty blue paint job.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have any experience with them on Tacomas but my buddys jeep has one and it rides very nice on and offroad.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
My buddy works there and he says he would never run anything of their on his truck. He also says the Jeep stuff is good.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck nay.

If you're going to bother lifting, buy something quality.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
6 inch maybe, any of their shitty 3 inch hells no
Old 06-09-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
famousfernando is on a distinguished road
famousfernando's Tacoma Gallery
i dont get whats so bad about fabtech lifts?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #7
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna know this too.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousfernando View Post
i dont get whats so bad about fabtech lifts?
Mostly spacer lifts, which is bad enough by itself, but in addition, their quality is nowhere close to what you can get for a couple hundred dollars more (OME).
Old 06-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #9
what do you mean by spacer lift and are all lift kits spacer lifts
Old 06-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #10
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousfernando View Post
what do you mean by spacer lift and are all lift kits spacer lifts
Google and no.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:29 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Google and no.
well i dont get it it seems like most all kits use some kind of a spacer to lift the truck but whatever I have a fabtech lift and i havnt had no problems
Old 06-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #12
Timicha
Timicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimicha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIM
Timicha's Tacoma Gallery
i love my fabtech lift. never had any problems with it before and i wheel the shit out of my truck on occasion
Old 06-14-2010, 05:27 AM   #13
tacosuprem will become famous soon enough
tacosuprem's Tacoma Gallery
yay? in fl that is a name for something white and powdery that goes up people noses...
Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 AM   #14
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
I've never had any problem with my Fabtech 3". Other than the fact that the back rides like shit without a load but 1) it's a truck and 2) it's a truck. I have it offroad at least once a week and seriously wheel it every couple of months and I've never had a problem with it. I would definitely put Fabtech on my next truck.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:47 AM   #15
Shred The Gnar
PowTaco is on a distinguished road

PowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Fabtech is more for looks.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
What do you all think about the Fabtech 6" lift kits? I hear so many conflicting opinions that aren't supported by anything; I would really appreciate it if someone could explain why any particular lift is better/worse than others I'm still trying to learn all of this stuff, and I don't have any experience with any of the kits.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:48 AM   #17
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
i love my fabtech coils, but what can i say i never been in another lifted taco with different suspension rofl.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #18
The Green Machine
MiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MiikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
i failed.. FAILED at life and now im suffering running their 3 inch adjustable lift on my 2002 taco.. my truck got even bumpier and shakier and the ride quality sucks. their smooth body shocks for the rear suck even more. i want to shoot the guys who sold me the lift. i mean my truck looks nice but doesnt ride like it should. offroad its like driving during a 10.0+ earthquake.. its that bad
Old 06-18-2010, 01:06 AM   #19
supremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of lightsupremetaco2 is a glorious beacon of light
supremetaco2's Tacoma Gallery
man maybe your right LOL! when I go offroading my truck is hella shaking bouncing can hear the frame clunk, i thought it was suppose to be like that! but i guess not ROFL. but some advice to you, i got rid of the blocks and swapped in some deavers and it made all the difference, i also swapped out their crappy shocks for bilstein 5100's but the ride is still kind of stiff... btw i also want to shoot the guys at the place that showed me the lift as well, i wish they informed me of other options....... live and learn always gotta be the hard way for me
Old 06-18-2010, 07:30 AM   #20
Omnipotent
Hootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shedHootbro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Hootbro's Tacoma Gallery
Not a fan of their shocks. Used their recommended shocks for the 3" level kit on my old F250 and they turned to crap within the first year of use.