Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

LED Turn Signals from AutoMatCentral.com

Old 06-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #1
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up LED Turn Signals from AutoMatCentral.com

Well, I got this completed. I hate electrical stuff with a passion. I almost passed on this product but decided to give it a shot. I am super glad I did too. They look great.

Well, this is SUPER simple....the kit includes everything you need for a basic install.

The hardest part is figuring out where to place the lights. After that, routing the wiring is next.

Basically - You attach the lights, run the wires then you'll split them to make them longer and use the supplied connectors to attach the wires to the wires going to the front turn signals.

I chose to put mine on the front quarter panel, right in front of the door. (same location as snowgod06)
I like this location since it is good for those in the blindspot who can't see the front or rear blinker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rj3CinhAJo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETaTkkGlFNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40r82ZehTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X320QSiMhxA

For those interested in this item, it can be purchase here.

AutoMatCentral
Old 06-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed that in the first vids, it blinks faster but doesn't seem as bright. On the last 2, it blinks slower but it is brighter...Did you notice that as well?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
there was a difference in times...the first 2 were done during the afternoon and I used the flashers and the last 2 were done closer to dusk and I used the key fob to lock/unlock the truck
Old 06-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
︻╦╤─

Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to try and get a video while I'm driving and what it looks like from another drivers perspective.....we'll see
Old 07-25-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
toytac05 is on a distinguished road
toytac05's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck.I have a dc trd sport sb, nice to see a cap on a similar truck. I just bought the leds and was interested in how the adhesive tape has held up? also what cap do you have, I'm lookig to getting a snugtop. Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
I had always wanted to do that, but was torn with the idea of having a light that looks after market or just cheap in general on the side of my taco. Have you considered using an OEM part from another manufacturer? I assume you are completed satisfied with this particular set-up? What I'm most curious about is the number of holes you had to drill for each light? I'm guess two, but not sure.