Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

ARB 50 qt Frig

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 AM   #21
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I remember on our week-long camping trip last summer. Our group past an ice cream shop and I almost had a seizure wanting some sooo bad!

Next year's purchase just became more difficult. Fridge/freezer or ARB bumper? Hmmm . . . . .
Maybe buy used and get both!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #22
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Maybe buy used and get both!
I would but its tough to find either used. I look believe me.

If I get a bumper, I might as well stuff a winch in there while its off too. I wish they gave those away. Sierra Expeditions has a very good price on a Warn right now too.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #23
mpleitez will become famous soon enough
mpleitez's Tacoma Gallery
Baller!

Murphy You're a baller did you go to gorman this weekend and try out the new fridge??
Old 06-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #24
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I would but its tough to find either used. I look believe me.

If I get a bumper, I might as well stuff a winch in there while its off too. I wish they gave those away. Sierra Expeditions has a very good price on a Warn right now too.
Yeah I hear you! As I think about it, I would do the bumper and winch first - but that's me. I like to have people like MPleitez bug me to mess up my truck by going on trails we shouldn't be on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleitez View Post
Murphy You're a baller did you go to gorman this weekend and try out the new fridge??
Oh, speak of the devil! No this w/e was a nice slow one (relatively speaking).

Sat Morn hiked fish canyon with Ed, Oscar, Ed's date, Osacar's gal, Zoom and me. Had a great time.

Then it was down to Doheny and hang Sat Night/Sunday with a friend that rented a motor home. Had a great time.

We need a trip to Seirras - we need to find a place that has less than 6 feet of snow - It may be a bust up there this summer!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #25
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
They where the double zipper "Ziplock" brand sandwich bags. Leaked in water. Which ones should I use?
Did they have a printed label on them? If they had the double zipper they would have been at least a storage bag. I would go with the freezer bags. They will be a blue box with a lighter blue label. The storage bag box will be blue with a red label. Sandwich bags are in a blue box with a green label. I wouldn't use them for anything more than a sanwich or likewise in a lunchbag or box. Or maybe a bunch of screws or something for storage. I have them all over the garage and basement workshop.

Not sure if the newest ones are on the market yet but they have a cross-hatch pattern between the zippers. Not really anything different from the old design though other than they make a more audible sound when closing the bag.

Oh yea, when the double zippers are both zipped, they will feel level. Its easy to not get them zipped right.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #26
blt4bja is on a distinguished road
blt4bja's Tacoma Gallery
Cold beer

Oh yea, I have a 40qt and a 30qt and on a very low setting if your not careful it will freeze stuff. I promise anyone who owns one of these will love them.I live in Indio and 120 temps you would want two battery's, I leave mine in my dodge diesel for a day and a half before I need to drive it or plug the fridge in to 110 ac also ARB has a insulated canvas cover thats a good investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
I have heard the previous ARB freezer/fridge has the capability of freezing a beer in an hour or so.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.... not that you would want that done.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:19 AM   #27
Ban Pending

Here's one for shipped to your door. - Not bad at all! I paid $720.

http://www.amazon.com/ARB-Products-1.../dp/B002Q1INDM
Old 06-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #29
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
Are you going to keep it in your truck all the time? That way you could stop and get some milk or the like and not have to worry about rushing home.

Funny you say that... I just took it out for the first time today. I don't think I'll leave it in all the time but we'll see. It is nice to graba a cold drink anytime.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #30
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Funny you say that... I just took it out for the first time today. I don't think I'll leave it in all the time but we'll see. It is nice to graba a cold drink anytime.
Yeah I'd imagine. I would like to have one for when I mow.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #32
Ban Pending

Oh shit! Taking my gal on a trip to bear courtyard and a bit concerned about the frig not being able to fit in a bear box! I didn't see that one coming! Has anyone had any experience with this issue?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #33
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm. I have put a Igloo 40 Qt. MaxCold 40 - 5 Day Cooler (40 Qts/38 Liters/56 12 oz. can capacity.) inside a bear box before... I can't find the dimensions...

Here is a picture of a bear box that was provided in Yosemite White Wolf campground:

Those back totes are the 8-gallon action packers...
Old 06-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #35
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Hmm. I have put a Igloo 40 Qt. MaxCold 40 - 5 Day Cooler (40 Qts/38 Liters/56 12 oz. can capacity.) inside a bear box before... I can't find the dimensions...

Here is a picture of a bear box that was provided in Yosemite White Wolf campground:

Those back totes are the 8-gallon action packers...
I like those action packers!

Here are some dimensions:

My frig will fit in the newer type boxes!

Quote:
^^^ Huh. Thanks for the picture. I had never seen a bear box before.
You probably have panther boxes there! You put small animals and children in them so they don't get attacked. On a serious note are there any reports of panther attacks in FL or are there enough small game to keep them busy?
Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #36
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I like those action packers!

Here are some dimensions:

My frig will fit in the newer type boxes!

You probably have panther boxes there! You put small animals and children in them so they don't get attacked. On a serious note are there any reports of panther attacks in FL or are there enough small game to keep them busy?
Haha. I've honestly never heard of anybody being attacked by a panther. I've have heard of gators though.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #37
Ban Pending

Quote:
Haha. I've honestly never heard of anybody being attacked by a panther. I've have heard of gators though.
We have people that get whacked every 5 or so years by our cats. My brother lives in Amelia Island and I kept thinking 'lots of small game and deer for the local cats!'
Old 06-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #38
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
We have people that get whacked every 5 or so years by our cats. My brother lives in Amelia Island and I kept thinking 'lots of small game and deer for the local cats!'
I love that area. Have you been to Amelia Island State Park or the drift wood beach(Little Talbot)?

Here's little talbot

I think the beach just eroded away taking trees with it. It's cool to see all the roots. It's kind of bizarre.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #39
Ban Pending

Quote:
I love that area. Have you been to Amelia Island State Park or the drift wood beach(Little Talbot)?
Oh yeah! Nice stuff you have there! But they all have Georgian accents!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #40
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Old thread but I'm looking at getting one. Do you still use yours and how do you mount it?

Products Discussed in this Thread