LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Product Reviews

Notices

ARB 50 qt Frig

Old 12-26-2012, 10:04 AM   #41
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Old thread but I'm looking at getting one. Do you still use yours and how do you mount it?
He is on the other site more often then this one.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #42
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink View Post
Old thread but I'm looking at getting one. Do you still use yours and how do you mount it?
I am looking to pick one up before next summer. I think I may end up with the Whynter 65 qt. model though. The ARBs are nice but $$. I might see if I can make up a half seat in the back of my Doublecab for the boy and make a nice storage/fridge mount on the driver's side. Hopefully I can get my old boss (used to do interior work) to sew up a seatcover for the half-seat. I just have to see if I can find a rear seat now. Or maybe pick the one up at a local yard from a 4Runner they have sitting around. Hmm . . . . .
Old 12-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #43
Wheeling mine, back to working on everyone else's
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Yes...something like this would work:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Alrighty...time for an update. Last I left you guys I just built a tube bed/cage...

The next issue was my wife and I had recently purchased an EdgeStar Fridge/Freeze vs. the ARB for cost reasons. The problem is this thing was large.
When I say large mean it would take up half the back seat when in use. This wasn't working for me so I decided to do something about it.
First I removed the seat bottom, then the seat back, then the plastic crap taking up more room.

Was left with something like this:

So I made a rack to host some secure tie-down points:

Bolt in to factory seat mounting locations:

Then reversed the hinges on the fride so I could tuck it closer to the back of the cab and not need room for the lid to clear when opened:

Swapped out the handles for some brackets made of angle:

Then mounted it in the truck:

Relocated the latch:

Floor storage still works:

All in all I gained tons of interior storage back by removing the seat and other crap.

Then executed project "no more holding the fridge open with one hand while you dig for shit in the fridge with the other!"

[/QUOTE]
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 AM   #44
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
My 'mount is just strapping it down to the seat with the seatbelts on most occasions. I USE IT ALL THE TIME! Just got back from 4 days in Death Valley. One of the top 3 accessories I have purchased. RTT, Frige and Winch.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #45
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
My 'mount is just strapping it down to the seat with the seatbelts on most occasions. I USE IT ALL THE TIME! Just got back from 4 days in Death Valley. One of the top 3 accessories I have purchased. RTT, Frige and Winch.
Nice. Thanks for the reply
Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #46
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How is this fridge as far as power draw ? Do you need to be conscious of leaving it on with a single battery ?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:16 AM   #47
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
How is this fridge as far as power draw ? Do you need to be conscious of leaving it on with a single battery ?
I can go about 12 hours or so. The fridge shuts down before the battery is drained to the point that you would not be able to start it.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #48
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can go about 12 hours or so. The fridge shuts down before the battery is drained to the point that you would not be able to start it.
Cool , thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #49
mmm Tacos
Swordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of lightSwordknives is a glorious beacon of light

Swordknives's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I certainly will use it more than my front locker and it was much more!

Ice cream on a camping trip - in the desert! Can you really put a price on that!?
sure .... about $720
Old 01-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #50
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Well the only problem is everything else will have to be frozen unless you buy a dual zone unit. There is this one http://www.amazon.com/Whynter-FM-62D.../dp/B008VX01P2 and another make but I can't think of who makes it and it is $$$.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #51
Ban Pending

Not really true. When I go on long trips I keep frozen stuff on the bottom and fresh stuff on top and in the little side bin. Although it would.be nice to have dedicated compartments, I have had great luck doing as described. On a recent two week trip to Moab we had slushies every lunch.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #52
Wandering But Not Lost

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not really true. When I go on long trips I keep frozen stuff on the bottom and fresh stuff on top and in the little side bin. Although it would.be nice to have dedicated compartments, I have had great luck doing as described. On a recent two week trip to Moab we had slushies every lunch.
Thats nice to know because we are purchasing one soon. I would like the ARB nut we may end up with one of the Whynter ones (my buddy has one and loves it). I would love ice cream on the trail!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #53

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Paul , with the ARB unit , to switch it from fridge to freezer you just turn down the temperature , correct ?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #54
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Paul , with the ARB unit , to switch it from fridge to freezer you just turn down the temperature , correct ?
Yes and get a remote (outdoor indoor) themometer. The one on the unit isn't accurate to the internal temp.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #55

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes and get a remote (outdoor indoor) themometer. The one on the unit isn't accurate to the internal temp.
Thanks again
Old 01-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #56
Ban Pending

No
Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #57
TJ'sTOYCOMA
tmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtmreyes1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: T-Rey
tmreyes1's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased my 50qt a couple of weeks ago and have been making a shelf to mount it behind the passenger seat. Since I purchased it I have been keeping beer and monsters cold in the garage. This thing is freaking awesome and WILL freeze items with no problem. I am almost done. Did a test fit finally today. Found out my ground was bad and had to relocate, but other than that I just need to install the tie down and done